From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
RobodromDS is a complete conversion of a game started on Amiga in 68000 code, the 3rd December 1992. There are 6 levels available.
The playground is composed of walls, doors and tiles. Small autonomous robots, shaped tanks can roll over these tiles. Your goal is to guide robots through multiple levels to join their arrival tile, symbolized by a closed hand with inch-up. For this, you can put directional tiles, producing a trail for each robot.
In addition to the 4-way, you have 5 colours to select for which robot is the designed tile. There are 4 colors to control each robot-tank.
After finishing a level, you can access to the next level. Watch out not to lose or you will need to start over.
A/B - Put and clear tiles
L/R - Change direction or color
D-Pad - Scroll
- 1st playable version.
- Not playable at all.
- No soundtrack started (touch the [F] board key to do this, and for "NEXT").
- Software scrolling incorporated (using DMA only).
- Hardware sprites for cursor, robots and turrets incorporated (thanks to PALib).
- Somes keys adding:
- You can now put and clear tiles with keys: A, B.
- Change direction or color with keys: L, R.
- Scroll with the cross.
- New DS version features:
- Intelligent cursor.
- Focus zone (for touchscreen scrolling in near future).