From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
RType Clone is a DS homebrew game adapted from the shooting game R-Type. The project was initiallty a C++ tutorial for the how-to implement flexible architecture for sprites, weapons, etc...using polymorphism and design patterns.
They're back! The aliens have decided to come and break the landowner, and they do not go dead hand. The solution? Chuck Norris? No! The Rtype who once save the planet from alien!
A - Shoot
B - Release the module
- Added collision with background.
- Modified internal inheritance structure (for weapons).
- Added (non visible) weapon selection. This selection will be on touch screen.
- Correction of a few graphics bugs.
- Fixed a few mem leaks. They was crashing and smashing sprites.
- Added bonuses. Only New life is added at the moment but it's really easy to add a new one, because of my god like architecture Blue_Colorz_PDT_22.
- Added weapon selection. I'll have to change weapon classes architecture to make the same as bonuses.
- Weapon selection is made on touchscreen.
- Collisions are not active at the moment.
Version Demo/Test 08/07/2006
- Unstable and playable.