From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
QBX is a thinking game for the NDS which involves solving 3D cube puzzles. Similar to Tetris but instead of a 2D playing field, puzzle pieces are in 3D and descend on a 3D cube.
It was submitted in the NEO Summer Coding contest 2006.
- 4 game modes.
- Recorded scores.
The goal is to make lines in a 5x5x5 3D cube.
Shapes will be submitted one by one. Each shape comes from above and can only be translated forward/backward and left/right.The cube, can only be rotated around its 3 axis.
The shape does not fall automatically. Hence, you have time to place it. Then you chose when you want it to fall. Then, it will go down in one shot.You have to move the shape and rotate the cube in order to make the shape going inside the cube to make lines.
Any line made of 5 little cubes will then disappear.
You can choose between 4 game modes (time limit settings): Endless, 5 minutes, 10 minutes and 15 minutes. They can be selected from the welcome screen.
D-Pad or A/X/Y/B - Move shape, Rotate cube (can be configured)
Select - Drop shape
L/R - Navigate between scores tables of various game modes
Touchscreen: (buttons from left to right)
Button 1 - Drop shape
Button 2 - Zoom in
Button 3 - Reset the zoom
Button 4 - Zoom out
Button 5 - Drop the shape (designed for left-handed/right-handed)
Upper arrow buttons (in orange) - Navigate between scores tables of various game modes
11 August 2006 Version 1.0
- New additional sounds.
- Bug fix in the highscores saves.
- Handwritting recognition for all the letters.
- Player's name in highscores.
- Input "black board" now has the graffiti for the 'w' letter (that was previously missing).
04 August 2006 Fourth version
- New sounds.
- Names in scores with the handwriting recognition system (partially, currently only letters from 'a' to 'g').
- Various bug fixes.
15 July 2006 Third release
- Changed again some ugly textures.
- Add randomizer init at startup.
- Changes in the scoring system.
- Changed fonts digits.
- Added a few animation for hibernation screen.
- SELECT button bound to "drop shape".
- Added a smiley showing score rank (in case of highscore ;)).
- Sounds ... (may be not final).
12 July 2006 Second release
- Update for compatibility with M3 who had screens flipped.
- Changed some ugly textures.
- A few animations added.
08 July 2006 First release
- No sound yet.