From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
Pro-SUDOKU is a sudoku solver for the NDS, which is a port of an alternative version on CASIO Graph 30 Calculator of the same name. It is available in French and English.
Fill a 9×9 grid with digits so that each column, each row, and each of the nine 3×3 sub-grids that compose the grid (also called boxes, blocks, regions, or sub-squares) contains all of the digits from 1 to 9.
D-Pad or Stylus - Move on the grid
X/B - Change selected number
A/L/R or Double click on same grid - Put selected number on the grid
Y or DEL button - Delete the selection location
Purple button (top left of bottom screen) - Change skin
Arrow button (top right of bottom screen) - Analyze, Solve very quickly
Flag button (bottom screen) - Change language
- Bar at the top of the bottom screen.
- A loading during analysis/resolution.
- Different colors for the figure found depending on the the method which the program found it (the more red it appears the more resolution method is elaborated).
- Use personal info of the DS to choose the startup language.
- The selection area of the digits of the grid has been enlarged for better selection.
- Functional hypothesis method -> All resolvable grids are solved.
- Bilingual version to choose by clicking on the flags to the right and to the left of the title.
- Button "S" for Speed which cancels PA_WaitForVBL () during analysis / resolution.
- Changed the top image.
- Thanks to Pouer who allowed helped finding an error in the code which stopped the resolution too early.
- Solves some more digits.
- Graphics: bottom screen on white background, 3 skins for the grid, image on the top screen.
- Version 0.7a has a defect in its method management it stops the resolution prematurely (so use this one instead, it has a new method of solving).
- New method of resolution: solves a lot more numbers especially thanks to the bug fix.
- Version 0.6a has a defect in its method of resolution do not use it anymore (it provides a wrong result), use this one (v0.7a) instead, thanks.
- New method of solving: solves many more digits (have voluntarily inserted "PA_WaitForVBL ()" in the program during the analysis/resolution to see the progress of these actions).
- And here's a version with a basic resolution (only solves some numbers and some easy sudokus in full).
- First version (still does not solve).
Thanks to Mollusk for lib and the advice.
Thanks to Pouer for the various tips and remarks that helps debugging the homebrew.
Thanks to Cid2Mizard for the idea of the bilingual version.
Thanks to Gimp for the graphics, long live Linux.
Thanks to No$gba and DesMuME that allows temporarily replacing DS for testing and debugging.