From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
Omok DS (Five-Stone DS) is a varient of Go, a classic board game. It is the second DS homebrew made by Ryu Seung-Ryul.
- The first player to place 5 stones first wins (board size is 15x15).
- 3x3 attacks are not allowed.
- You can only win with 5 necks.
At first, the line is set at random, and if you win the game, the line is crossed by the opponent.
The vs COM button is for COM and the vs MAN button allows you to play with people.
The PASS button passes the turn to your opponent. If the opponent also passes, the game starts again without winning or losing.
The BACK button can only use one move (two moves including the opponent). You cannot use two consecutive moves.
Stylus or A - Place stone
D-Pad - Move
- Removed limitation of max. 126 stones as changing 3D sprite.
- Patched AI bugs.
- Using a space attack, defense logic modified.
- If the defense under attack across the border then hang fixes (still a little awkward).
- First announced.