OldLoader is an application that can boot FIRMs from old entrypoints. Please note it does not provide a proper boot9strap environment (regarding AES key and TWL setups) and also does not identify as such. For this reason, it will not run software that checks for (and requires) a proper boot9strap environment, among those CFWs.
Note: This has only been tested with GodMode9 only and only intended for advanced users. Use at your own risk. To developers, edits to the source that would fake a boot9strap environment are discouraged, as running b9s-only payloads the OldLoader-way may pose a significant bricking risk to the users.
Copy the FIRM of your choice to your SD card as
boot.firm, then run OldLoader via the entrypoint of your choice.
- Normmatt, for sdmmc.c/sdmmc.h.
- Cha(N), Kane49, and all other FatFS contributors for FatFS.
- Wolfvak for providing the FIRM chainloader and being a great guy.
- Al3x_10m for providing his assistance in testing this.
- Gelex for being of great help on countless occasions.
- The fine folks on freenode #Cakey.
- All 3dbrew.org editors.