Monty3DS is a port of MicroPython to the 3DS. It can run in one of three ways: with arguments via HBL (for a common Python binary), via NetLoad using a slightly modified FalconPunch (FBI), or you can package it up into a CIA for home screen installation.
Note from developer:
MicroPython is a limited Python interpreter designed for microcontrollers, which can be a bit lacking (threading, for example), still there are several wrappers for 3DS libraries you can play with out of the box such as ctru/sf2d/sftd and a new zipfs library that is written specifically for Monty which lets you mount uncompressed zip files as filesystems.
Release contains the following:
- monty_args - Runs Python scripts via Homebrew Launcher shortcuts.
- monty_netload - Load Python applications over the network like 3dslink or FBI's net loader.
- monty_romfs - Make your own Python CIA with this ROMFS starter pack.
MicroPython doesn't didn't have a threading concept so you can't create threads from "import threading". threading in C to load JPEG/PNG files, but Python needs to poll the loader thread to see if it can use the image yet (example).
- GitHub (Monty3DS) - https://github.com/ObsidianX/3ds_monty
- GitHub (3ds_libzipfs) - https://github.com/ObsidianX/3ds_libzipfs
- Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5afpr3/comment/d9i3es5/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3