From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
Livingstone Supongo? (Livingstone I Presume?) is a remake of Livingstone Supongo? by Opera Soft in 1986, a Spanish software company. In this adventure platformer, the main character must pole-vault, jump, and throw his boomerang to survive the jungle.
- Playable part finished and complete.
- Added splash and splash screen (Only the play part works).
- Scoring system implemented.
- Option to save and load the game (During the game).
The game happens in colonial Africa, where the missionary David Livingstone travels through scenarios, such as jungles, rivers, mines, among others.
Control the explorer Henry Stanley. Some tools are available:
- Weapons - Boomerang, knife and grenades.
- Pole - For overcoming obstacles that can not be reached by jumping over.
A/Start - Start the game
Stylus or L/R - Select weapon to use
Left/Right - Move around the stage
A - Use selected weapon
B - Jump
Y - Use pole
Start - Load previously saved game
Select - Save the game
Tested on FlashCard with R4DS Firmware v1.28 WoodR4.
- Full-Part playable. A few brave souls go see the game.
- Added a small presentation and home screen.
- In the home screen only does the PLAY.
- During the game you can go to save and load game press SELECT and START respectively.
- This update features a score system and better graphics.
- You can visit all the game screens.
- Added new enemies (lizards, fish 1, fish 2, scorpion).
- Added the trunk for fetching water.
- Ability to save / load game by pressing the SELECT / START respectively.
- After adding all the graphics of the enemies have begun to imprement their AI.
- Added the following enermies:
- Monkey that throws coconuts.
- Hungry eagle.
- Mysterious creature from the caves.
- Have implemented the 3 weapons (boomerang, knife and grenade).
- Made changes with respect to control of the original game.
- Levels finished, entire game playable.
- Added presentation and menu screen.