From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
A lightweight file manager for the Nintendo DS. It features preliminary folder creation support and support for multi-extension files.
Download and extract file.
Put the .nds file in flashcard/linker.
In the Toolbar:
- Red Icon - Delete file/folder (detects automatically).
- Card with pencil - Rename file (folders not supported yet).
Up/Down - Select file/folder
A - Open
B - Back to parent folder
- Fixed the typo (Folrder) (thanks Josiah).
- Canceling renaming was broken, now fixed (Thanks Gh0st).
- Raised the number of files permited to show to 600 (Hope that's enough).
- Added check for deleting folders( if something goes wrong he'll warn you!).
- Fixed a bug that ocurred when entering the first folder in the card's root.
- iFile now says happy birthday (When the right time comes of course).
- Source now under GPL License v3.
- Can now create folders (may be buggy).
- By Pressing "A" when keyboard on screen, it's the same as pressing enter.
- Added check for successfull folder creation.
- Now supports multi extension files (ie: this.file.is.a.jpg is now identified as an image).
- Fixed an extension bug (case is now ignored when checking file extensions).
- Now deletes folders and subfolders (thanks masscat).
- Now scrolls up and down (press up or down and hold it).
- DS now says hello.
- Cleaned up the "Current Dir" variable.
- Now displays the filesize.
- Fixed the warning window not disapearing when deleting a single file.
- Added check for folder renaming (doesn't work yet).
- Better aligned filenames.
- New icon.
- Changed the app's internal name.
- Added a warning window in the top screen.
- Added the rename button.
- Rename now working (with a great help from the guys at GBadev) (But not with folders).
- Copying now incorporated, BUT, I need feedback on how you guys want it to be.
- Added on the top monitor, the ammount of files in the folder.
- Now when you press B you will go to the parent folder.
- Added the delete button (Still working on deleting folders).
- Added the delete confirmation (Don't want to delete any files accidentally now, do we?).
- Fixed a bug that made one less item appear on screen.
- Fixed a bug that made the DS crash when deleting the last file in a folder.
- Fidex a bug that made the DS crash when deleting no files.
- Removed the "." directory.
- Changed ".." to "Go to parent directory".
- Gave "Go to parent directory" a different icon.
- Fixed a bug in scroll when using pad.
v0.10 First version
- Added backgrounds.
- Added Exophase+Palib Splashscreen (Do pay a visit).
- Added icons for file types.
- iFile explorer code done.
- Buttons now work.
- Added touchscreen detection (even works on labels).
Thank Spinal_cord, Michoko and masscat for a BIG help with filecopy and renaming and other things like workarounds.