From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
Fandian, formerly known Sonic, attempts to be a homebrew 3D RPG project for the Nintendo DS. It was built using devkitARM 24 with the updated libfat, arm7, etc.
Some textures and model data are from Bioware's Neverwinter Nights.
- Quaternion skeletal animation.
- Direct colour textures.
- Static & dynamic point lights.
- Dynamic shadow volumes.
- Stylus picking.
- Poly level environmental collision detection.
- Multi-linkable maps to support large & non-limiting worlds.
- A built-in 3D map builder.
D-Pad - Move
A - Handle
B - Kick
Y - Tease
Stylus - Focus view
L/R - Zoom out/in
Start - Show game objects
Select - Change the game screen touchscreen
D-Pad+X - Walk slower
- Thanks to Iskar for bringing us news of new versions in the latest contributions.
- Updated with the latest "toolchain" and libraries.
Version R438 09/03/2009
- Added mapping editor and sound effects.
Version R403 20/07/2009
- As always with each new version to take on this homebrew few but notable improvements in debugging the code to improve the performance of graphics and other "artifacts" on display.
Version R362 19/04/2009
- Reload with x removed.
- Increased mobility.
- Added menu.
- Recharge function X.
- People more structured.
- 303 wing replaces improvement.
- Few improvements than the title, some internal data to make better use of data space and little more to try to become a great RPG ever.
Version r294 13/10/2008