From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
EarthShakerDS is a DS version of "Earthshaker", which in turn is an extension of "Boulder Dash" of ZX Spectrum.
This project is a continuation of GBAtemp Homebrew Bounty entry.
Collect a certain number of gems without running into opponents or fire.
Take all the gems found on screen digging. Rocks also occur and try to crush player if passes beneath them.
It includes a full level editor for player to creat our levels. Also includes a level selector with a sound test.
D-pad - move
A - dig right
B - dig down
Y - excavate left
X - excavate upwards
Start - pause
Select - see map
Tested on: Flash card Supercard DSTwo with EOS 1.11 Firmware
- L and R both required to kill the current life;
- Level editor complete.
- The ability to load and save levels in the editor with user-defined names (so you can have more than one custom level, and share them with other people)
- A “Custom Level” option on the title screen listing all user-created levels
- Slightly re-organised level editor
- The ability to load and save boulder/wall/door/soil types in a custom level
- Fixed for the latest devkitARM;
- Updated to the latest WoopsiGfxGameTemplate (fixes SDL version)
- Start button can be used to test a level in the editor
- Select button can page through level editor menu panels