From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
DualShooter is the first public release of eadmaster's homebrew NDS game. It is a vertical shot'em up developed entirely in C with PAlib.
DualShooter 0.8 was submitted to the NEO Spring Coding Compo 2008.
- 3 levels with large scrolling backgrounds captured from the Earth.
- Built in soft-reset/poweroff functions.
- 3 enemies.
- 4 shoot-types (single/double/missiles/double missiles) and bombs.
- Musics, sounds, explosions and all the stuff you would expect from a nice shoot'em up game.
- Everything runs smoothly @60 FPS (tested on a real NDSL with R4DS).
Control the hero ship in the lower screen and destroy all the enemies incoming from the upper screen.
Loses energy if the ship gets hit. If energy decreases under 0, you lose a life.
If you lose all your lives, then the game is over.
D-Pad or Stylus - Move hero ship
A/L/R (press repeatedly) - Fire
A/L/R (keep pressed) - Autofire
B/L+R - Drop a bomb
X - Switch to next weapon
Y - Switch to previous weapon
Start/Select - Pause game
Tested on a real NDSL with R4DS. Also works on emulator DeSmuME.
Planning & programming: eadmaster.
Graphics: SpriteLib GPL, Planet Earth.
- Ocean abyss by digital chaos (level 1).
- DustRaiders by Sidewinder (level 2).
- ORbitalFlower by Sidewinder (level 3).
- Menu by soundscape.
- Game over dead by mark knight.
Special thanks to all PAlib and devkitPro programmers, family and friends, Nintendo.