From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
DualShooter is the first public release of eadmaster's homebrew NDS game. It was created mainly for practicing videogame programming. It is a vertical shot'em up developed entirely in C with PAlib.
DualShooter 0.8 was submitted to the NEO Spring Coding Compo 2008.
- 3 levels with large scrolling backgrounds captured from the Earth
- builtin soft-reset/poweroff functions
- 3 enemies
- 4 shoot-types (single/double/missiles/double missiles) + bombs
- musics, sounds, explosions and all the stuff you would expect from a nice shtmup game!
- everything runs smoothly @60 FPS (tested on a real NDSL with R4DS)
Control the hero ship in the lower screen and destroy all the enemies incoming from the upper screen.
Loses energy if the ship gets hit. If energy decreases under 0, you lose a life. If you lose all you lives, then the game is over.
D-Pad/Stylus - move hero ship
A or L or R (press repeatedly) - fire
A or L or R (keep pressed) - autofire
B or L+R - drop a bomb
X - switch to next weapon
Y - switch to previous weapon
Start or Select - pause game
Planning & programming:eadmaster
Graphics:SpriteLib GPL (http://www.flyingyogi.com/fun/spritelib.html),Planet Earth
Music:ocean abyss by digital chaos (level 1)
- DustRaiders by Sidewinder (level 2)
- ORbitalFlower by Sidewinder (level 3)
- menu by soundscape
- game over- dead by mark knight
Special thanks: All PAlib and devkitPro programmers,family and friends,Nintendo