From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
DSIO is an "interface" allowing to interact with the DS in both senses (Send / Receive Data 8 bits). It has several ports input / output for adding the desired component.
It was presented in the Dev-fr Coding Compo 2007 with Evolution theme, sponsored by DS-X.
On the DSIO there are:
- Switch position detector (Read an input)
- A LED (send data to an output)
- A Luminosity sensor (Read analog data)
- A rumble
- A tilt (Detect shock)
- A 3 Axis accelerometer (same utilization as DS Motion/R6/...)
On the DSIO there's also:
- 4 digital inputs/outputs (with an Analog/Digital converter)
- 2 digital inputs/outputs (with interrupt on change)
All of the features listed can be used on every homebrew with small library.
The chip on DSIO can't be updated using PC software without some materials.