From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Author(s)||Andrea Bianchi, Woon Seung Yeo|
The Drummer is a networked digital musical interface that allows multiple users to design and play a drum kit. Users can at the same time create and customize a drum kit, and then perform together with others simply by tapping and sliding the pen on the screen.
The system is based on client-server architecture over a wireless network; every client runs on a Nintendo DS -one of the most popular wireless handheld game devices with touch-screen functionality- while the server computer handles the clients.
It supports Windows and Mac server.
- Download and extract file
- Copy .nds file to the root directory of the card
- Run either 'drummerserver.exe' (windows) or 'drummerserver.app' (Mac)
Connection setup guide can be found here.
There are more than 1 instrument per family.
- Families of instruments are represented by colors.
- Instruments change by size (different size circles sounds differently)
- Hi-Hats are particular (need to stack 2 circles to get hit-hats, obeying to a physical metaphor)
Uses stylus, play by tapping.