From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Version||7 June 2009|
Deflektor DS is a remake of Deflektor, a puzzle game on Amiga originally developed by Vortex Software and published by Gremlin Graphics in 1987.
The game involves placing a mirror in different positions so that the light beam off the bombs that are spread across the stage. It is made to retain the retro feel of the original while updating the controls to utlize the touchscreen interface on the NDS.
The aim is to rotate the mirrors to reflect the laser beam from the source to blow up all the triggers and then enter the target.
- You start with an amount of energy which is constantly declining (the green bar).
- Directing the beam into a spike or reflecting the beam back to the source will cause it to overload (represented by the red bar).
- If the source is overloaded too much or if you run out of energy, you lose a life.
Mirrors and Blocks:
- To rotate mirrors, tap on them and then dragging to align the mirror at a particular angle.
- There are also different types of rotating blocks in which:
- Some only allow the beam to pass at a certain angle.
- Teleport beam of light (work in pairs).
- Randomize the beam direction (random).
In addition, in some levels there are gremlins which roam about the board and mess with your stuff. You can get rid of them by tapping on them repeatedly.
Stylus - Rotate and move mirror or block
- Author's website - http://sigmaris.info/blog/2009/06/deflektor-remake-for-nintendo-ds