From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
Dawnseekers is a full 3D first person shooter for the Nintendo DS coded by smealum, and with graphics made by Lobo. It features two maps, two weapons and 4 different enemy types.
It was an entry to the Scenery Beta 2009 and the NEO Summer Coding Compo 2009, ranked 2nd under Game section.
Kill without getting killed and to get to the end of each level.
D-PAD/ABXY - move
R/L - shoot
Stylus - aim/change weapons
Select - open doors
Button in lower right corner of touchscreen - open doors
Start - pause
Tested on: FlashCard iTouchDS with firmware 3.2e
- SuperCard DSONEi (takes a few minutes to boot with blank screen)
- The author reports problems Acekard 2/2i
- Possible problems in R4, need to play this in a folder.
- Various improvements in the textures.
- Improved Sound FX (sound effects).
- Modified the music of the second mapping.
- Added two new effects in the gun.
- Improved mapping first.
- Added randomness in the shooting to be more realistic.
- Fixed several bugs in previous version.