DSSpeech Speech Synthesizer
From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|DSSpeech Speech Synthesizer|
DSSpeech Speech Synthesizer is a port of a speech synth from Atari ST.
Based on Atari ST Speech Synthesizer STSpeech by A.D.Beveridge and M.N.Day, ported from 68k assembly by Stefan Stenzel and using Starscream 680x0 emulation library by Neill Corlett the first Win32 version of STSpeech was an authentic rendition of the Atarti ST Speech Synthesizer.
Stefan Stenzel removed the emulation library dependancy and re-wrote the entire synth engine to be stand-alone. The difference between the original port of STSpeech and Stefan's reworking and changes brought STSpeech Win32 from a harsh sound to a much smoother and professional sounding voice synth.
DSSpeech Speech Synthesizer v1.0 was an entry to the NEO Flash Competition 2005, ranked 10th.
- Read what you write.
- Very simple interface.
- Use the phonetic English so some words do not pronounces.
Turn up the volume, type in words and let DS read it out.
Stylus - Write and play
- Added Keyboard (now it will say whatever you want).
- Fixed MP3 SD LCDSwap issue.
- Author's website - http://drunkencoders.com/2005/09/DSSpeech-Speech-Synthesizer-15
- NeoFlash - https://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php?topic=581.0