Dsmcu is a nintendo-ds based emulator of the MCU control surface protocol. It talks to your audio workstation over wifi via DSMI.
It requires a homebrew-capable DS (which can connect to computer over wifi), compatible audio workstation software (like reaper) and dsmi correctly set up on computer.
The following subset of the mcu protocol is supported:
- Fader send, receive.
- Vu display.
- Track select, mute, arm and solo (w/ feedback).
- Bank up/down.
Tested on reaper (primary testing platform) and samplitude V8 SE (works but no VU display).
Does not work with pro tools or logic.
- Some user interface elements have been taken from Reaper.
- White Tie and the Reaper posse for granting permission for use of this and helping out with design/layout.
- tobw for the dsmi library.
- Also uses palib and devkitpro/libnds.
- Author's website - https://remaincalm.org/index.php/tag/dsmcu