From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
Color Lines is a DS homebrew game based on the puzzle game Color Lines from the Amstrad CPC in 2010. This homebrew is a simplified version of the original, the aim is to introduce and encourage people to play the original which is more challenging and brings
This homebrew is presented at the Nintendomax DS Dev competition 2010.
- 4 colors (7 colors on CPC).
- Single design (more on the CPC).
- 7 themes to customize the cubes.
- Does not require a free path to move, more beginner friendly.
- One music track.
The gameplay is similar to Bejeweled (all versions 1, 2, 3, Blitz) of the U.S. company PopCap Games, the goal is to form color cubes in lines and make them disappear. Be aware that for each move 3 tiles will appear randomly colored and the game is over once the squares filled the screen.
There are 5 different options in the sub-menus:
- Play - Play to overcome records.
- Options - Choose difficulty and customizations.
- Credits - View credits.
- Hi-Score - Your best records.
- Instructions - Tutorials in English.
Operate with Stylus.
Tested on Flashcard iPlayer with firmware OS 1.3 V. 1.0.7.