From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
Chaos: The Battle of Wizards is a tactical combat video game for the Nitendo DS based on the 1985 Spectrum game 'Chaos - The Battle of Wizards'. Original game by Julian Gollop.
You take the role of a wizard, and you have to kill up to 7 other wizards on a grid-based arena. Sounds simple enough.
As a wizard, you will have an array of spells to your disposal, and these spells are the only real means of defeating your enemy.
You can summon monsters to do your bidding, but also call down lightning on your foe, or even start an ever-spreading fire.
Uses Start, ABXY, R and L on the various screens.
- Implement everything from the GBA version
- Add touch screen controls
- Add a few new-old spells (new in the sense that they were not there before, old in the sense that they are the infamous unimplemented spells from Speccy Chaos)
- Improve the touch screen controls
- Add another mode that requires less touches
Original Chaos game by Julian Gollop.
WinZ80 disassembler/debugger by Gerton Lunter.
Wav to raw sound conversion by Sox.
Graphics conversion tool by Markus.