From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Version||04 update (Thursday 23 October 2008)|
Caisses is a Sokoban clone originally made by Hiroyuki Imabayashi with 50 levels. This homebrew is created using Mega Level Editor from REPPA for the competition, the playing area is incorporated into a checkboard containing 192 tiles (19x12). Each box is 16x16 pixel.
It was submitted to the NINTENDOMAX 2006 competition.
- Original graphics.
- BGM and sound effects.
- Level select.
- Customizable game presentation and backgrounds.
- In-game tutorial.
- Available in French and English.
You are a warehouse keeper, you must rearrange the crates and store them in destination areas. You can push the creates in all four directions and push only one crate at a time. Once all the crates have been placed, the level is over and you move on to the next level.
The 500 levels (levels 000 to 499):
- 56 levels come from the Arcade version: Boxy Boy (c) 11/1990 Thinking Rabbit/Namco.
- 163 levels of the Sega Game Gear version: Soukoban (c) 1990 Thinking Rabbit/Riverhill Soft.
- 100 levels - Loma (c) Aymeric du Peloux/François Marques/David Skinner/Sven Egevad/Victor Kindermans/Michael Steins/Frantisek Pokorny/Arpad Fekete/Roger Delaporte.
- 20 levels - Cosmonotes (c) Aymeric du Peloux.
- 40 levels - Microcosmos (c) Aymeric du Peloux.
- 40 levels - Minicosmos (c) Aymeric du Peloux.
- 40 levels - Nabokosmos (c) Aymeric du Peloux.
- 20 levels - Picokosmos (c) Aymeric du Peloux.
The final level is created by the developer.
This menu allows you to choose 1 background among 6 different backgounds (there is 1 hidden) and 1 sprite set among 6 possibilities.
To unlock the hidden background:
- Go to the Options menu, keep the X key pressed and press the top left corner of the small table (the one where you can see the walls, character and boxes).
- Be careful the sensitive area is only 7x7 pixels, a voice will say Excellent if you are successful.
D-Pad or Stylus - Movement
Y - Choose another level
B - Restart level
A - Undo a move (up to 100)
R - Music on/off
L - Pattern on/off
Start - Back to main menu
Update Thursday 23 October 2008
- Fixed 2 levels. The 500 levels are now all checked and finishable (no more doubt about this).
Update Saturday 13 September 13 2008
- Fixed 40 levels, thanks to Mollusk and the PPC community (logically no more duplicates).
Update 16 May 2008
- Fixed levels 104 and 130, thanks to Mollusk and the PPC community.
Update 3 March 2007
- Creation of an icon for the game, thanks www.ds-xtreme.com for the linker.
- Press Start at startup to skip the intro screens.
- Fixed spitting in applause (Thanks J-War from www.furykane.com).
Aymeric du Peloux, Mollusk, Alekmaul and Reppa.