3ds-theoraplayer 3DS is a POC example of theora decoding for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, using libctru and citro2d. You need to convert the videos into the OGV format in order to use.
Available in 3DSX format.
Once you complete Prerequsites, run
make to compile.
You can create a compatible video file using the following command:
ffmpeg -i 'input.ext' -vcodec theora -vf scale=400:-1 -acodec libvorbis -ar 32000 "output.ogv"
You can change the quality by using the
The value can be any interger from 0-10 with 10 being the highest quality.
The old 3DS has limited processing power and it is not recommended to use 10, but any value between 0 and 7 should be fine (4 is recommended).
You can also just set the bitrate manually using the
-b:v flag (somewhere around 500k is recomended).
You can place your generated videos in the
/videos directory on your sd card, if it doesn't exist, create it.
Release 3 2011/04/07
- Screen tearing issues should be resolved once and for all.
- Videos are now centered on the screen.
- Videos should now automatically be shrunk to fit on the screen (you can press Y to enable and disable video resizing).
- Noticeable improvements to playback speed.
- Hotfix: Switch from mutxes to double buffering.
- Hotfix: Fix rare race condition.