OpenFirmInstaller is a safe, simple and user-friendly installer for sighax bootloaders.
For this, we are assuming you already have boot9strap and CFW installed, your 3DS is in working order and you want to switch to fastboot3DS.
- Create a folder called
ofion your 3DS SD card.
- Download fastboot3DS and copy
fastboot3ds.firmfrom the ZIP file to
ofi/fastboot3ds.firmon your SD card.
- [optional] Get GodMode9 and copy
gm9/payloads/GodMode9.firmon your SD card. For Luma3DS user, move
OpenFirmInstaller.firmto your SD card. For Luma3DS user, the file goes to
OpenFirmInstaller.firmfrom your SD card. For Luma3DS user, thats as simple as holding Start when booting the console and selecting
OpenFirmInstaller.firmwhen (if) prompted. You may also run
OpenFirmInstaller.firmfrom GodMode9 (press A >
- Follow the on screen instructions. When you're asked to input a key sequence to confirm, input the key sequence.
- Done, now fastboot3DS is your bootloader. Further configuration is not required. Your CFW is autobooted as you are used to, and - if you installed it - GodMode9 is booted when you hold Start after turning on your console.
OpenFirmInstaller can also work from A9LH systems (you also need to provide
secret_sector.bin then), from unhacked systems on earlier OS versions and via ntrboot cards. Refer to the usual instructions for these special cases. fastboot3DS is highly customizable, you can set boot from CTRNAND, add more payloads via key combos, change splashes (but you absolutely don't have to!). You may enter the fastboot3DS menu by holding Home when booting.
- This new release greatly simplifies fastboot3DS setup even for novice users. If you had problems with GodMode9 v1.8.0 and Luma 9.1, or if you're just curious, it is suggested you use this release to switch to fastboot3DS now.
- First public release of OpenFirmInstaller - thanks everyone who helped make this possible.
- Normmatt, for sdmmc.c/sdmmc.h.
- Cha(N), Kane49, and all other FatFS contributors for FatFS.
- Myria for the sighax bruteforcer and for finding the sighax (retail&dev) signature.
- SciresM for dumping boot9, creating boot9strap.firm and for being the first fearless person to test this.
- hedgeberg for her tireless efforts in dumping the bootrom.
- TuxSH for FIRM research and useful hints.
- Plailect for providing the guide and making SafeB9SInstaller accessible to the common user.
- stuckpixel for his tireless behind-the-scenes work.
- Gelex for being of great help on countless occasions.
- profi200 and derrek for enabling compatibility with fastboot3DS.
- The fine folks on freenode #Cakey.
- All 3dbrew.org editors.
- Everyone who helped test this, especially Al3x_10m, Wolfvak, Shadowhand, Lilith Valentine and Crimson.