From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
This is an adaption of the Acromage card game on the DS. Arcomage is a Heroic Fantasy type card game, which made its first appearance in the PC role-playing game Might & Magic VII, as a side game/quest that was played in the various taverns of the game. Subsequently, 3DO and Ubi Soft made it a full-fledged PC game, in the form of Shareware.
It was ranked 3rd in the NEO Summer Coding Compo 2006.
There are several online guides for Arcomage if you are lost, but since the DS version is slightly different, here’s how to play:
- You start, you and your enemy, with a Castle of a certain Height and a Wall, protecting it.
- Your goal is to destroy enemy's Castle before he destroy yours, or reach a value of 100 for your Castle.
For this you've got 3 types of resources, each grows according to resources generators you own:
- Temple - Mana.
- Quarries - Stone.
- Gold Mines - Gold.
For example, if you own 2 Temples, 3 Quarries and 1 Gold Mine, you'll get 2 Mana, 3 Stones and 1 Gold each turn. To reach your goal, you've got a hand of 6 cards, which have different effects. Each card need a certain amount of resources to be played:
- If you have enough resources, play your chosen card. Otherwise, the card can't be played.
- If you can't play a card or don't want a card, you can discard it.
- Once you've played a card (or discarded it), it's computer turn.
- After each turn, you get a new card to play.
And so on, until you win, or lose?
Stylus or A - Play selected card
X - Discard card
Version 0.99 Sunday 2007/01/28
- Added 2 player hotseat mode.
- Fixed various remaining bugs.
- Main menu changes.
- New game background.
- New "premium" card.
Version 0.95 Sunday 2006/08/20
- Added the ability to zoom in on the map played by the opponent.
- Adding stylus management, select the card from your hand then click on the large image to play it.
- Fixed a bug with the victory and defeat sounds.
- Other minor things.
Version 0.9 Wednesday 2006/08/02
- PlayerAdvance - http://playeradvance.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3746
- NeoFlash - https://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php?topic=3005.0