Treasures of Gaia
From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Treasures of Gaia|
Treasures of Gaia is a homebrew allows user to browse on DS an extremely detailed map of the entire world thanks to Google Maps (a Wifi connection is mandatory). The whole world is now in the DS! The purpose of Treasures of Gaia is to let you appreciate the beauty of our world.
You can scroll the map with the pad or the stylus. Use the L/R buttons for zooming in and out. Up to twenty zoom levels are available, depending on the area.
It was submitted for the Neoflash Summer Coding Compo 2007 (winner).
- WIFI connection
- Sample 4 types of maps
- Language English, French, translated to 80%
- Contains information on 851 placed on the World Heritage List
- Able to display the world map from the roof of your house
- Download and extract the file.
- Patch the ROM with DLDI.
- Put the file tog_cities.dat at the root of your linker.
- Wifi is mandatory.
You can freely travel where you want, but special places locations are provided: the list of the 851 places inscribed by the UNESCO on the World Heritage List for their outstanding universal value to humanity. These places are indicated on the map.
To obtain information about a place, touch its location with the stylus. The information are displayed on the upper screen, where you can switch between a picture of the place, a description, or its location on a global map.
You can also browse the whole list by pressing the Y button. When you click on a place in the list, the same information are displayed on the upper screen, and you can directly go to this location by touching the "Go!" button.
A - switch between a satellite view and a map view
X/B - scroll up/down information on the upper screen
Y - chose a place in the World Heritage list
Select - switch between Map/Picture/Text on the upper screen
Start - Help
L/R - zoom out/zoom in
D-Pad - scroll the world map, scroll information on the lower screen
Stylus - scroll the world map, select a place on the map
- By pressing A, you can now switch between a satellite view and a map view!!!
- You can zoom on a site by clicking a second time on its location on the map.
- Partially translated in French (about 80%).
- Better looking map on the upper screen (less compression)
- Bugfix: the zoom was not centered properly.