From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
This is an open source fork of Themely originally made by Erman (aka erman1337), and is based off v1.3.1 before the project become closed source.
- Native code, up to 380% speed increase from CHMM2.
- ZIP support (ignores invalid ZIPs).
- BGM preview support.
- Instant theme preview.
- Fullscreen preview.
- QR Code reader.
- Install without BGM.
- Theme shuffle.
- Theme dumping.
- Multilingual (French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Dutch).
- Self updater.
Available as a 3DSX and CIA.
- 3DSX - Copy .3dsx to the 3ds folder on your SD card and launch it via homebrew loader.
- CIA - Copy .cia to your SD card and install it with the CIA manager of your choice.
- DevkitARM r46.
masterbranch of ctrulib.
nextbranch of ctrulib.
- Latest version of sf2dlib.
- Latest version of sftdlib.
- Latest version of sfillib.
- zlib, libpng, libjpeg-turbo, freetype, libogg, and tremor from 3ds-portlibs.
You can run the
deps.sh script to install
Run make to build the 3DSX, CIA, and ZIP files, make run to build & run on Citra. A debug build with debugging symbols will be built by default, append DEBUG=0 to the make command to build a production build.
- Download your preferred custom themes from Theme Plaza, or make your own custom theme.
- Create a folder called Themes on the root of your SD Card if it does not already exist.
- Put the ZIP file, or folder contains your custom theme, to the Themes folder on your SD Card (no need to extract the ZIP file).
- Tap the QR Code button on the Touch Screen to open the QR Code scanner.
- Go to Theme Plaza, hover over the preview for the theme you want to download.
- Position your 3DS camera in front of the QR Code. Re-position it until all of the QR Code is visible on the 3DS's screen.
- The theme will begin downloading after the QR Code is scanned.
How to use
Start Themely (it may black screen the first time you start it. If it does, force the 3DS/2DS to shut down by holding the Power Button and try again).
Find the theme you downloaded in the list. If there is only one theme in your Themes folder, there will not be a list.
Choose the theme you want to install.
Once completed you should see the the Custom Theme you on your Home Menu.
Create a theme
A theme is composed by several files:
- body_LZ.bin - Contains background images and some theme settings.
- BGM.bcstm - Contains theme BGM sound.
- Preview.png/.jpg/.bmp - Preview screenshot/image.
- BGM.ogg - Contains theme BGM preview sound.
- info.smdh - Contains icon, author, description and title of the theme.
- For the theme, you can use Usagi (theme editor), YATA+ (no .smdh) and SMDH Creator (.smdh only).
- For the audio, you can use Audacity (music editor) and Looping Audio Converter (converter to .bcstm).
A - Install theme
Hold R+A - Install theme without BGM
Start - Exit Themely
HOME - Return to Home Menu
How to Install Custom Themes on 3DS with Themely (T3CHNOLOG1C)
v1.3.1-i1 2017/09/05 (by ihaveamac)
- Change urls in the interface to themeplaza.eu.
- Dutch translation (thanks @QuaserEatingATaco).
- Notice about new theme manager when no themes are found.
v1.3.1-i0 2017/07/30 (by ihaveamac)
- The automatic updater has been changed away to prevent it from being updated to the new closed-source releases.
- Special thanks to javimadgit for helping fix compile issues.
- Fixed softlock when Themes folder only contains invalid files.
- Fixed crash when Content-Disposition is not formatted like usual.
- Fixed SMDH parsing, which also fixed some crashes.
- Fixed overlapping text in the French translation.
- Added QR Code reader - scan QR codes from 3DSThem.es to download.
- HUGE performance boost for n3DS.
- Themes are now scanned asynchronously.
- Themes are now sorted alphabetically (by filename).
- Translations for FR, DE, IT, PT, RU, and ES (Thanks ZetaDesigns, theheroGAC, Jubash, Ann0ying, umbjolt).
- Fixed 3DSX updater.
- Fixed crashes & bugs.
- Other stuff can't fit in here.
- Fixed 3DSX version not working.
- Added theme shuffling.
- Added theme deletion.
- Added theme dumping.
- Design revamp.
- Fixed crashes.
- Fixed a bug where installation would fail at opening/writing to cache.
- Fixed a bug where some themes wouldn't show up.
- Other small improvements, thanks Dylan G. (Brickway V1) for testing the bugfixes.
- Support for the new 11.4 payloads.
- Shutdown screen only triggered if a theme is installed.
- Fixed a bug where going to the "Change Theme" option on the Home Menu after installing a theme with Themely would cause the theme to disappear.
- Use preview as icon if no SMDH is available.
- Warn if no DSP dump is available.
- Long descriptions are now truncated.
- Fixed crashes that occurred when there were more than 17~ themes (added lazy loading);
- Added installing without BGM.
- Optimized the theme scanning.
- Quitting the app now refreshes the theme cache (thx marcuzd).
- Other small changes.
- First release.
- People at Nintendo Homebrew discord #dev channel (especially MarcusD).
- DevkitPro contributors.
- ctrulib contributors.
- xerpi for sf2dlib and sftdlib.
- ZetaDesigns for German translation.
- theheroGAC for Italian translation.
- Jubash for Portuguese translation.
- Ann0ying for Russian translation.
- umbjolt for Spanish translation.
- QuaserEatingATaco for Dutch translation.