TabBed is a guitar application for the DS included is a guitar tab viewer that can read guitar tabs off flash card.
It was submitted to the NEO Spring Coding Compo 2008 and ranked 3rd.
- Chord dictionary.
- Chord finder.
- MP3 player.
- Drum machine for jamming.
- Sprites on both screens (must be gif files).
- Backgrounds on both screens (must be gif files).
Download and extract file.
DLDI patch it and copy it to the root directory of the card.
Essentially you have your drum board, place dots on each instrument using your stylus, when the time line hits the dot, the drum sounds.
Adjust the speed using the speed control, the lower the number, the faster the beat.
Mix this up by bringing in the sequencer, the sequencer is held on the top screen, each channel has its own drum board, independent speed and can be repeated as many times as you need.
It won't enable the sequencer unless you hit the play button, the sequencer will play each channel as many number of times as you specified and will loop until the stop button is pressed.
For maximum effect you can also connect DS up to your amp or powered speakers.
Start/A - Start program
L/R - Move through text
- Neo Flash version with splash screen.
- Drum machine for TaBbed.
- Fixed for R4 and M3 users.
- New icon for the media player.
- Code tidy up.
- MP3 support.
- Right handed mode now default.
- File navigation/selection bar added.
- Edit screen now scrolls.
- Mod player added.
- Some other stuff probably.
- Options screen which features:
- Lefty mode.
- Changable backgrounds.
- Changable fonts.
- Saving and loading of all these options.
- Half finished edit mode.
- Double press buttons on the main menu (avoids accidental mode activation and also displays the mode description).
- No more crashing when browsing or opening files.
- Can open files from sub folders.
- Metronome pointer is now displaying.
- Speed of the scrolling can now be altered (L+R).
- More text can now be viewed.
- Scrolling the document can be done via the D pad.
- Bug with chord browser fixed, now the whole thing doesn't crash when going back to the folder view.
- Tab viewer improved ever so slightly, now you can view the tab on both the screens.
- Tab viewer also has a very basic tab scroller so the whole tab scrolls down slowly allowing you to play along with the song hands free (Press A to start it).
- Browse your memory card.
- Load a text file (only from the root).
- Scroll through the text file with L+R.
- Choose a chord from a list to see how it's formed.
- Press strings to see which chord you have made (L+R to set the fret).
- Listen to a funky Metronome (Up and Down for MORE COWBELL).
- You can now use the L+R buttons to set your base fret.
- Now diplays dots where you pressed with your stylus.
- Now displays chords.
- Still very basic, only works for the first 5 frets .
- Teaser version.
- String view.
- Press a string to set your chord.
- Turn off your DS because this does nothing.
- Author's website - http://www.suspectsoftware.co.uk
- NeoFlash - https://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php?topic=4980.0