Sqrxz 2 3DS
This is a 3DS port of Sqrzx 2, a Jump'n'Run which requires a sharp mind and fast reflexes, high frustration is guaranteed. Original Sqrxz made by Marcus Vesterlund (Maze) and John Holmvall (Hojo).
It is a sequel to Sqrxz created by Rodolphe Boixel (Thor), Shahzad Sahaib (Kojote), Alexander Wiklund, Simon Butler and Jane Mumford (Jayne). The code is closed source and copyright of Retroguru.
- Tough challenging gameplay – Extremely difficult; not for weaklings.
- Retro graphics.
- Hidden passages to discover.
- 10 tricky n' hard levels.
- 11 marvellous chiptunes.
- Top 10 highscore.
- Infinite continue mode, which you will need badly in order to practise.
Available in CIA and 3DSX/SMDH formats. All the resources are included in the executable using romfs.
The game creates a sqrxz2 subfolder inside the 3ds folder if doesn't exist.
Another day another journey...As living on planet earth and its surrounding solar system seemed boring Sqrxz decided to check out another location in the universe.
Just in case and to be extra careful he took a pocketful of emeralds with him to keep him in ready cash, but after starting his exciting journey he realised all his emeralds are suddenly missing!
Retracing his steps Sqrxz notices mysterious creatures popping up all over the place to hinder him in his search...
Oh what troublesome days...Help poor Sqrxz get back all his emeralds!
Sqrxz ports on 3DS
[Trailer] Sqrxz 2 - Two seconds until death (PixelProspector)
Nintendo 3DS Homebrew: Sqrxz2 [Deutsch|HD] (Flashcardsinfo)
- Rodolphe Boixel (Thor) – Code.
- Shahzad Sahaib (Kojote) – Producer, Beta-Test.
- Simon Butler – Pixel graphics.
- Alexander Wiklund – Music.
- Jane Mumford – Hand drawn graphics.
- Denny Müller (Mulle) – WordPress Template.
- Rodolphe Boixel (Thor) – Windows, Linux, Wiz, PSP.
- Xavier Vallejo (Indiket) – Dreamcast, Mac OS X.
- Scott Smith (Pickle) – GP2x, Caanoo, Pandora.
- Notaz – Pandora.
- Sergei Kolesnikov (Exl) – MotoMAGX.
- Frank Wille (phx) – Amiga OS4, MorphOS, Amiga OCS (Rewrite).
- Lars Persson (Anotherguest) – Symbian OS UIQ 3, Symbian OS Series 60.
- Artur Rojek (zear) – GCW Zero, Dingoo A320 (OpenDingux).
- James Higgs (Jum) – Raspberry Pi.
- Yannick Erb – AROS.
- Fabio Olimperi – GameCube, Wii.
- Gisberto Rondinella (nop90) – Nintendo 3DS.
- Szymon Morawski (vamastah) – BittBoy/PocketGo.
Sqrxz 2 uses code of the following Open-Source projects in an unmodified form:
Helping hands and greetings:
- Simon - Trailer.
- Andrew Lemon (ne7) - ASCII art for readme file.
- Denny Mueller (Mulle) - Wordpress Template for the Webpage.
- Mates in Fairlight, Nyhlin, Xylo, Joule, Malmen, Michu, Zabutom, Maktone, Michiel and An-cat-max.
- Title Music, Level Complete Jingle and ingame music (see list) by Wiklund/Fairlight.
- Level 1 - Go, Sqrxz!
- Level 2 - Watchout (Part 2).
- Level 3 - Stressed.
- Level 4 - Faster.
- Level 5 - Watchout.
- Level 6 - In A Hurry.
- Level 7 - Sqrxz 2.
- Level 8 - Journey.
- Level 9 - Run Run Run.
- Level 10 - Chaos.
Sqrxz2 for 3DS 2016/10/30 (by nop90)
- Small bug fixes.
Sqrxz2 for 3DS 2016/10/21 (by nop90)
- First release - 3dsx and CIA.
v1.10 January 2016 (by Retroguru)
- Improved file system (old .zda files in /data can be deleted).
- Added soundcheck option.
- Added ability to change screen effects on the fly (system depending).
- Added ability to change screen size without restarting (system depending).
v1.00 November 2013
- Rewritten frameskip code.
- Normalized sfx.
- Fixed configuration saving.
- Added settings to define screensize (System/OS depending).
- New option to switch between combine up controls with jump or not (this option will come in handy for joystick players only).
- Changes for Dreamcast only:
- Fixed highscore bug.
- Changes for devices with a screen equal or larger than 640 x 480:
- Scale options: bilinear, antialias and scanlines (Thanks Yannick).
v0.80 December 2010
- First public release.
- Official website - https://www.sqrxz.de/sqrxz-2
- GBAtemp - https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-sqrxz2-port-for-3ds-retroguru-team.445688