From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
I'm not sure if someone has already done this, but I've made an "icon pack" for the Homebrew launcher. I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this since no one else has done it, moderators feel free to move this thread to the appropriate location if needed. What is an icon pack? It's a set of icons used to customize your Homebrew Launcher on your Nintendo 3DS. I'm hoping that more people will do this as it brings customization, uniformity, and creativity to the homebrew community.
This icon pack is based off of the original Homebrew Launcher icons concepts found here. I really like how the icons look from this concept, it's simple, clean and all the icons follow the same guidelines. I wanted to bring this look to my Homebrew Launcher, so here is what I got:
- Download the icon pack from the link below
- Insert your SD/MicroSD card into your computer from your 3DS
- Back up the 3ds folder in your SD/MicroSD card. Do not skip this step!
- Take the 3ds folder within the .zip you downloaded and merge it with the 3ds folder found on your SD/MicroSD card. If it asks you to replace any files, press yes/OK.
- Safely remove your SD/MicroSD card from your computer and insert it back into your 3DS
- Launch the Homebrew Launcher
Q: The icons aren't showing up on my Homebrew launcher, what gives?
A: Make sure that the name of the .3dsx file matches the .smdh file's name. Also make sure the .sdmh files are in the correct folder.
Q: How'd you make this?
A: I use the SMDH creator found here. However you might want to use my program, The SMDH Creator found here.
Q: What size icon should I be using if I want to make my own icon pack?
A: Use 48x48 for regular size icons. Use 24x24 for small icons, but this isn't necessary.
Q: I'm getting a black background on the icons I'm making, why?
A: You can't use icons with transparent colors, the icon must be fully opaque.
This is an early release so there isn't much icons right now. I'll be taking icon requests and updating the icon pack on a weekly bases. When requesting an icon, please give a link to where you found the homebrew.
Feedback would be greatly appreciated!