Shooting Watch DS
|Shooting Watch DS|
Shooting Watch DS is a port of Hudsons device to the DS. 5 modes in all are featured in Shooting Watch DS to try and resemble the original modes along with extra modes that are found in flash games found on the internet.
- 5 game modes.
- Support DLDI.
This is the main mode in the game. The aim is to press the A button or tap the touch screen as fast as possible. If you manage to beat a certain pre-set score, you can watch the melon explode which is quite satisfying and master will show his appreciation.
See if you can earn his respect and once you have that, you can aim to beat Takahashi Meijin's astonishing average of 16 Shots per second!
Clock Mode and Stop Watch:
The clock is just a simple clock that reads from the consoles internal clock. There is also a basic stop watch. The maximum time is 100 minutes then the timer will start again. Start or stop the timer with the A button and reset it with the B button.
3 Slot Mode:
Your classic slot machine with 3 reels. The original device did not include this but flash versions found on the internet do. It is added by showing some fruit to improve the feel of playing a real slot machine. Check out the prize table for what you can win.
4 Slot Mode:
Exactly the same as the 3 slots but a bit harder because now you have to match 4 reels. The reward for winning this mode is double that of the 3 Slots Mode. Feeling lucky?
A - Action key
B - Reset stopwatch
Stylus - Action key
Shooting Watch DS (TRi)
There are no major problems with the game at all. Sometimes you may experience connection problems when using the WiFi Transfer mode and the game may not get past the connecting screen. In this case, reboot your DS and try connecting before entering any of the other menus. If the problem still persists then the problem must lie within your DS connection configuration.
v2.4 Bug Fix Release
- Fixed bug with rank showing as 23th etc.
- Fixed WiFi transfer when using a name with a space in it.
- Added new icon from Take The Eggs.
v2.3 Bug Fix Release
- Attempted to fix sprites error "Sorry, there just seems to not be enough place to put all your sprites !!". This should be OK now.
- Fixed music bug in "Slots" modes.
- Fixed music bug in "Audio Test" mode.
- Fixed music bug in "Enter Nick" mode.
- Added option to turn music off in "Audio Test" Mode.
- Added note to WiFi Transfer mode that you can press Start button to cancel.
v2.2 Minor Fixes Release
- Added Lode Runner skin.
- Built with latest tool chain.
- SoundFx and music now use AS_Lib as with latest PA Lib beta.
- Save file can now be in any directory. As default the game searches for the location of a previous save then location of the nds file. If neither are found (if you rename the nds file), the save file will be created in the root directory but can be moved afterwards.
- WiFi transfer now retrieves rank correctly (Up to 100, was only retrieving rank 10 maximum before).
- When you win on the slots, you can now hold A or B button to make the coins count up twice as fast. (Fixed 4 slot mode, only worked in 3 Slot before).
- Can hold B button to make text scroll faster in the shop.
- After playing Shoot mode, the rank shown is now how you ranked for your last go rather than your best rank overall.
v2.1 WiFi Bugfix Release
- Updated WiFi transfer mode to be more reliable.
- New fail safe option during WiFi transfers. If WiFi transfer hangs, press start to cancel the operation.
- When you win on the slots, you can now hold A button to make the coins count up twice as fast.
v2.0 Second Public Release (WiFi, Hiscores & Coins)
- Added score and progress saving via DLDI.
- You can now win coins for playing Shooting mode or one of the Slot modes.
- Menu system added.
- Hi Score system implemented.
- WiFi transfer to send your scores and recieve a worldwide ranking.
- The top 10 ranked players from the website are downloaded to the DS after a WiFi transfer.
- Removed being able to use stylus and A button at the same time in Shooting Mode which allowed cheating. You must now use the control method you start with*.
- Added a shop with the ability to buy skins and icons.
- Website created to store scores, coins, exploded melons and icon selection for the top 100 players.
- Audio Test menu added.
- New rewards for playing games.
- Can now see all the combinations to win on the slot mode.
- If you start by pressing the stylus, you cannot change to the A button half way through your game.
v1.0a - First public release
v1.0 - First private test release
- 36 betas and 2 alphas - sure they were fun.
- DS-Scene - http://files-ds-scene.net/shooting_watch