Scrabble Assistant DS
From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Scrabble Assistant DS|
|[Eng-twl Eng-sowpods Fr Download]|
This utility is meant to ease the life of players using the board version of the Scrabble game.
- Fr-ods5: French version using ODS5.TXT
- Eng-sowpods: English version using SOWPODS
- Eng-twl: English version using TWL06
- Download and extract file
- DLDI patch .nds file and copy it to the root directory of the card
To end a game:
When a player just put his last letter(s). Enter his normal score (JUST for his last word). Select "Negative" (toggle to).
FOR EACH PLAYER WITH LETTERS: One after the other. Enter the letter-sum and "OK". Select "Negative" (toggle back).
FOR THE PLAYER WITH NO MORE LETTERS: Enter the letter-sum of all remaining letters, and "ok".
Total is updated accordingly to reflect final scores. Please note that user CANNOT really "end" a game. Simply read the score, say who wins, and start a new one.
Player 'A' will ALWAYS start without player-naming options. User has to track yourself who's who, such as: Betty is 'A', Joe is 'B', Sue is 'C' and so on.
To lock/unlock the Search function:
Press and hold 'R' button.
Press any button combination EXCEPT 'L' and the Touchscreen. Remember it, this is your "key" to unlock the function back.
Validate your combination by pressing 'L'. To unlock, repeat the three points above.
To lock/unlock the Check function:
Press and hold 'L' button.
Press any button combination EXCEPT 'R' and the Touchscreen. Remember it, this is your "key" to unlock the function back.
Validate your combination by pressing 'R'. To unlock, repeat the three points above.
Search & Check key-combinations
Add "pressing the touchscreen" to combination to lock the corresponding function permanently. This way, only a reboot will re-enable the function. No need of a tricky combination, don't worry it can't come back. Example:
Lock Check permanently: Hold 'L' AND hold the pen down on the touch-screen, press 'R'. Check is locked forever.
Lock Search permanently: Hold 'R' AND hold the pen down on the touch-screen, press 'L'. Search is locked forever.
Memory hint on which key to hold:
- Check is on the left-hand side, so hold 'L'
- Search is on the right-hand side, so hold 'R'
0.6b TWEAKING UPDATE
- Added new game confirm box
- Added separate check/search function lock
- Added possible permanent function lock
- Added louder click-sound
0.6a TWEAKING UPDATE
- Added text hint on how to start a game
- Added scoring function (1-9 players)
- Added scoring log paging
- Added scoring new/undo functions
- Added negative scoring optin (for endgame)
- Added compressed list, word length 2-15 for all
- Added search result paging (900 results)
- Added search result sorting (length, points, alpha)
- Added search/check custom-lock combination
- Major UI refactoring, with sound, finger-friendly
- Added language support
- En: added sowpod list, word length 15
- En: added twl06 list, word length 15
- Fully automated language build process
- Switched french wordlist to ODS5.TXT
- Increased french word length to 11
- Added "input clear" button
- Full object-oriented implementation
- Merged gfx and engine
- Setting the word length
- Reduction of the base to 8 letters
- Corrected bug in word input length
- Added display limitation to 1 screen
- Added infinite loop
- Anagramme research
- Check existing word
- Input interface