From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
NewDictS is a DS homebrew application for encyclopedias, dictionaries, translators and much more, a Stardict Dictionary for the DS.
- Support for up to 100 dictionaries, all dics can looked up simultanously
- Integrated e-book reader with bookmark function and direct word lookup function
- Almost full unicode support in dictionaries and e-bookreader
- Integrated multiple choice vocabulary game
- Pronunciation support (English and Japanese)
- Keyboard was enhanced to allow german character input
- No dictionary size limits
- Download and extract file
- DLDI patch .nds file and copy it to the root directory of the card
Note: The older version 8.5 of newdicts is provided for Supercard Users.
User is able to switch between different dictionaries without the need to write the search-word again.
Extract the files to the Dict folder in the NewDictS Folder. Then Run the 7zip installer and extract the .dz file in the .dict folder. When finished get rid of the .dz folder and keep the .dict folder.
Run the idxTOaoi file and open the .idx file in the .dict folder and extract the files. now make sure the names are the same except make sure you have files of theses extensions:
Multi-language homebrew translator
For multi-language homebrew translator with fat support for DS, it uses stardict dictionary files stardict dictionary files.
To get it running you need the appropriate file for your card. Create the folder: "NewDicts" at the root of your card. In the folder "NewDicts" create a subfolder called "Dict" and one called "voice":
- ---- Dict
- ---- voice
Copy the downloaded dictionaries in that folder(up to 10 different dics are supported, prefix must be the same per dictionary).
The files with the .dz ending must be deflated, ending with .dict (try 7zip to do that). Attention the .idx file size is limited to something smaller than 2.5 MB.
Start - select dictionary
Select - switch ebook/definition background color
A - run, switch capital/small letter
Y - switch different keyboards
X - (word index) one line up
B - (word index) - one line down
Left - scroll to previous explanation page
Right - scroll to next explanation page
Up/Down - scroll explanation next line
L - pronounce word (if pronounciation icon is visable)
R - click button twice to save e-book reading progress
Can be controlled with Stylus.