From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
Grafoon is an ‘Arcade Style Puzzle Shooter‘ with a lot of classic elements such as Doors/Keys, Mines ( including chain reactions ), various walls with different behavior, laser barrier and nasty enemies.
This release includes 9 tutorial, 8 built in and 10 more maps in an external map set. Supporting external stored maps implies, that can build and play own Grafoon maps.
- Download and extract file
- Copy the ‘Grafoon.nds’ file somewhere to memory card and ‘user_maps’ directoy to the root of the card.
If DLDI patch the binary, user can select a ‘map set’ from the main menu.
The main target is to pick up all Hobbels and bring them home to advance to the next map. Don’t touch the walls, they will destroy your ship. Touching enemies or enemy shots drain you ships energy. Collect green gems to increase your ships energy…
The status line on the bottom of the screen is showing the following things ( left to right ): Ship Energy, Score, Hobbels out / Hobbels on board, number of Mines, number of red-green-blue keys.
Left/right - rotate left/right
A or Up - thrust
Down - reverse thrust
B - shoot
X - drop mine
R - scroll up
L - scroll down
Tested in no$gba and on the R4 DS card.
- Moving walls
- Hobbel carrier enemy ( this enemy drops a hobbel if killed )
- Timed doors ( opens for 5 seconds if the 'key-switch' is touched or shot )
- Hobbel speed-up ( pressing the 'Y' key increases the hobbel speed )
- Support for 'external' maps via DLDI interface
- 27 level ( 9 tutorial maps, 8 built in map, 10 maps in an external level set, wich requires DLDI patch )
- Larger maps ( support for variable map size )
- Scoring item
- Custom control configuration
- High score list
- More sounds
- Some bug fixes
- first release May 27th, 2008