Game Trivia Catechism
From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Game Trivia Catechism -The Secret of Mister X-|
Game Trivia Catechism -The Secret of Mister X- is a multiple-choice trivia game, testing your knowledge of video gaming. It can be played as straight trivia, or as part of a story that follows Mister X's journey through the King of Game Trivia Tournament. Two new game modes allows players to tackle challenging missions, or try practice mode and perhaps learn something.
It was ranked 6th in the the the NEO Summer Coding Compo 2008 Coding.
- 400 questions spanning the history of video games.
- Retro-styled chiptune soundtrack.
- 4 game modes.
- Rumble Pak support.
Download and extract file.
DLDI patch it if needed (if your card does not have auto-patching) and copy it to the root directory of the card.
- Trivia and Story - Answer the allotted number of questions in 2 minutes. Graded from A+ (95% correct) to F (below 50%). If you run out of time, you will not receive any grade higher than a C.
- Mission - Each mission has a specific objective to complete. Objectives are displayed on the menu.
This game allows you to save your progress via DLDI. On first play, the game will create the save file gtc2_sav.sav on your flash cart. If you find that saving does not work, please try manually patching the game with the appropriate DLDI patch for your flash cart. If it still doesn't work, you're out of luck.
Please choose the Continue Without Saving option on the initial menu, which will let you play the game in any case.
A - Continue, Next
A/B/X/Y - Answer choice
Tested on R4 Revolution and Neo MK5 DX. Runs in DeSmuME emulator but does not support saving (see issues).
Saving does not work in DeSmuME (as of 2008/06). May work in other emus (No$GBA, IDeaS), but haven't tried.
Also there is no sleep mode.
- Initial Release.
Music Credits - CC-Licensed by-nc-sa:
- All of Us - Eric Skiff.
- Race To The Stars - 8-Bit Terror.
- [48h challenge] - A variety of Funks - PDF format.
- FINAL BOSS - Breakfast Afternoon.
- Good Moods - Circles.
- the end of the beginning - ne7.
- dear_sir_or_madam - 777minus111.
- A Walk In The Woods - Girljoy.
- Dark and Light - Nintendude.
- The Girl Oceanic Demo - Falco Lombardi.
- Devkitpro - DS Homebrew tools.
- PALib & PAlib Forums - DS Homebrew tools & dev help.
- DeSmuME - DS emulator.
- 8bit Collective - Chiptune source.
- All musical artists that appear in the game.