GBA Jpeg Viewer
|GBA Jpeg Viewer|
GBA Jpeg Viewer is a tool to display Jpeg pictures on your Game Boy Advance.
- For both GBA and GBA SP.
- Display JPEG pictures in a slide-show fashion.
- Play background music.
- 101 smart uses.
Run the GBAJpegPacker included in the zip file.
Open or drop the pictures in the list box and press the Create GBA rom... button.
L/R - Browse the pictures of your slideshow
A+L/R - Skip 10 pictures
B+L+R - Skip 100 pictures
A+B - Jump to a random picture
Start+Select - Reset or to exit to Pogoshell
Select - Bring up a simple help screen
Start+R - Start slideshow mode
Start+L - Switch to thumbnails mode
D-Pad - Move cursor, Scroll image (zoom)
L/R - Skip a page
A - Delect a picture
A+Up/Down - Adjust brightness
A+Right - Zoom zoomable pictures
A+Left - Bring up the options panel
The GBA rom can be loaded by a GBA emulator like Visual Boy Advance or a real Gameboy Advance using a flash2advance or a similar backup tool.
Note that the rom lacks all the standard copyright and crc infos of Nintendo, and so it's not recognized by GBA as a valid rom. If you are running it on a real console you should use a loader or the Pogoshell.
- Switched to jpeglib: Improved Jpeg Packing.
- Headers are automatically fixed with gbarm, now GBA Jpeg Viewer should work with all flashcarts.
- Rewrote Bilinear and Bicubic resize, now they are up to four times faster.
- Can play background music. It sounds crazy to me too, but so many peopole asked for this feature that I had to add it.
- Slighlty Faster jpeg decoding.
- New progressive mode: Pictures are drawn in 2 passes. Please note that this feature simulates progressive jpegs but real progressive jpegs are not supported by GBA Jpeg Viewer.
- 20% Faster Jpeg decoding.
- Added Options screen: Lets you mess with some basic aspects of the viewer.
- Changes are now saved to SRAM.
- Better Jpeg packing (smaller files at the same quality).
- Faster Jpeg decoding.
- Added a "Back to Pogoshell" function for Pogoshell users (like me). Thanks to Reesy for help.
- Added a color dithering system: greatly enhanches display quality.
- In thumbnail mode more infos on the pictures are shown.
- Added pause option in slideshow mode.
- New Graphics for menus.
- In Jpeg Packer added settings for brightness and contrast.
- Slighlty faster jpeg packing.
V2.2 -Added Project Load/Save -Added a thumbnail system
- Support for bigger pictures with zoom/scrolling.
- New graphic interface in Viewer.
- Some minor changes in Packer.
- Brand new Jpeg decoding engine: up to 3 times faster.
- Added a password system.
- Added a basic area selection option to encode only a part of a picture (useful when encoding comics).
- Added a Sharpen/text enhancement option (again:useful for comics). Use carefully because it slightly slows down decompression and increases jpeg size.
- Some minor bugs in png decoding in Jpeg Packer fixed.
- Tab order in packer fixed for proud keybord users.
- Added a Rom size preview feature in Jpeg packer.
- Better quality in Jpeg encoding.
- Added a rom options button to specify rom internal name (required by some flash program).
- Added a slideshow mode in Jpeg viewer.
- Added a nice "about box" in Jpeg packer (based on an idea by Tangor Fopper).
- Added dynamic brightness adjustment in Jpeg viewer.
- Small pictures are now centered in GBA display.
- Jpeg decoding is now 10-15% faster.
- Some nasty buttons sequence freezed Jpeg Packer.
- Added "Gamma correction".
- Added "Insert pictures" feature, to import pictures at a specific point in the list, first requested by Aghnar Le Bisaieul.
- Added "Jump to Random picture", skip +-10 and +-100 pictures.
- Added an image counter, first requested by Dermot Mac Flannchaidh.
- Added "Reset", first requested by Jim Parask.
- Added up and down buttons in GBA Jpeg packer and the ability to remove pictures pressing the "DEL" key, first requested by Phil Holden.
- Added a simple help screen.
- Loading many pictures at a time with the add... button instead of drag and drop didn't work well. First reported by Zhao DingAn, Thanks Zhao.
- First release.
- Official website - http://www.caimans.net/gba