From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
Fireworlds is an original puzzle/platform adventure. It has a puzzle feel to it: carry around stuff, activate switches, push boxes. There is also a great part of action: jumping, running, avoiding the water.
It was participated in the Homebrew Bounty 2011.
- Collisions and physical well-implemented.
- The game engine reaches 60 FPS.
- Help on the level available on the top screen.
- Automatic game saving.
- 36 levels available (must be unlocked).
- Download and extract file
- Copy the "data" folder in the root of the MicroSD card (like this: X:/data/fworlds/ if X: is your microSD drive)
- Copy fireworlds-game.nds in the MicroSD card
- DLDI patch if your card doesn't do it automatically
Collect all energy bits from the level and then get to the exit.
Play as a ball of energy and collect glowing orbs that are scattered around the stage. By getting the glowing orbs, a portal would be opened that would move on to the next level.
Level restarts when player dies.
A - jump
X - select another fireball
B - speed boost
Y - restart level if you get stuck
START - pause
SELECT - exit to menu
Tested on: FlashCard R4 R4DS with Firmware v1.33 Wood
- Added lots of levels
- Fixed lots of bugs
- Finished the game
- Last update before final release!
- Annoying corner bug fixed, now completely.
- Fixed falling through ice blocks sometimes.
- Added intro video
- Zoomed out a bit for more visibility
- Improved the tutorial levels.
- Added speed button! Big levels are no longer boring!
- ROM no longer needs to be in root.
- Added fireboxes!
- Added switches!
- Bug fixes! Collision fixes!
- Added awesome intro video (Thanks to my friend Sorington!)
- Added pause button
- 28 levels!
- Fixed game launching but crashing later when libfat can't init (for example in no$gba)
- Fixed getting stuck in the insides of corners in most cases
- Added button navigation to menus
- Fixed having another fireball selected when another one you aren't controlling dies or exits.
- Made physics a bit calmer, especially the pink bouncy things.
- Added help on the top screen
- Fixed many tiny graphical bugs
- Completely recoded the collision system. It's waay more flexible now.
- Added Ice Blocks (Used in only one level for now)
- Added hints and help on the top screen!
- More levels. The first ones are supposed to serve as a tutorial.
Version Beta 1
- First release
Design and Programming: Dirbaio
Music: Saga Musix - http://sagamusix.de
Libraries: libNDS and ASLib.