From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
Dstroy is a bomberman-like, carbon copy of the old DOS game dstroy. Originally created by FPS in 1995. In 2006, the game was redeveloped in portable C++, with libSDL for the NDS.
The game is available on multiple platforms including Windows, Linux, Nintendo DS, Gp2X. The source code of the game is under GPL licence. The archive contains Makefile for Linux, devKitPro NDS, devKitGP2X, and a MSVC2008 project. All data files stay property of FBS.
It was participated in the NEO Summer Coding Compo 2007 (winner).
- 48 levels of fun and speed.
Extract file and copy dstroy.nds and the directory dstroydata in the root of your ds card.
DLDI patch is necessaty to access data files.
The rules are simple: get options, drop bombs, and kill all monsters! Not easy, when they avoid your bombs.
Start - Quit screen (useful to pass intro)
A - Put a bomb
D-Pad - Direction
- NDS improvements (music, speed).
- Linux compatible (thanks to Vincent Petry).
- First working version on NDS.
- Really faster.
- Less bugs.
- Faster -> playable.
- Writing text for bonuses, so you can know what you got, even without sound.
- You can choose the joystick configuration, and test it.
- Screen rotate (180°) to play without this ugly pad.
- 2 players mode (on ONE machine).
- A bit faster.
- The menu is now in english.
- Official website - http://narroin.free.fr/dstroy
- NeoFlash - https://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php?topic=4527.0