From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
DSPaintball is a physics-based drawing puzzle game for the NDS, in which you have to lead a bouncing ball to the finish point.
It was presented to the NEO Coding Compo 2010 and Scenery Beta 2010.
- 30 levels.
- Painting is not unlimited.
- Create and save up to 8 custom levels.
There are 2 versions available:
- DSpaintball_flash.nds - Only works in flash cart. Saves custom levels in .dat.
- Dspaintball_emu.nds - For emulator only. You can create a level and play it but unable to save.
To install on your flash card, DLDI patch .nds file if needed (if your card does not have auto-patching) and copy it to the root directory of the card.
The objective of this game is to lead a bouncing ball to the star by drawing paths on the touch screen.
There is also a level editor that allows you to save your custom level to the microSD and play them at a later time.
- Start game - Starts from the first level.
- Select level - Choose the level you want to play.
- Create levels - Level editor.
- Play levels created - Play custom levels.
In level editor, you need to include a starting point, goal and obstacles/level lines (draw with the Stylus).
You can create up to 8 custom levels, which are stored in a single file on DSpaintball.dat at the root of the microSD.
Stylus - Draw lines to redirect ball
A - Throw/return the ball to initial position
B - Back to menu
Start - Return ball to original position and erase drawn lines
Stylus - Choose position of star/ball, Draw level lines/obstacles (green)
A - Switch between steps (posistion of the ball/star/line)
B - Back to menu
Start - Reset the entire level
Tested on R4DS flashcard with Wood R4 firmware V. 1.12.