From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
DSPaintball is a puzzle game, draw on the touch screen paths by which a ball bounces up to a star, and so, go to the next level, the game has 30 levels in which there are obstacles that prevent reaching the end, plus it has a level editor, save to the microSD to play them later.
It was presented to the Neo Coding Compo 2010 and Scenery Beta 2010.
- 30 levels
- painting is not unlimited
- create up to 8 custom levels
- Download and extract file
- Copy it to the root directory of the card
Get the ball to the star tracing white lines across the screen using stylus.
- Start game (starts the game from the first level)
- Select level (you choose the level at which you want to start)
- Create levels (menu for the creation of levels)
- Play levels created (menu and play levels created earlier)
In level editor, it needs a starting point, the point of view and draw with the stylus obstacles to reach the final. It has 8 slots of levels, which are stored in a single file on DSpaintball.dat at the root of the microSD.
Stylus - draw lines to redirect ball to move
Button - launch/return to initial position
B - menu
Start - return ball to original position, clear lines drawn
Stylus - choose position of star/ball, draw the lines of level(green)
Button - for the next step (placing the initial ball, place the star, etc.)
B - menu
Start - reset all level
Tested on: Flashcard R4 R4DS with firmware V. Wood 1.12.
It works only in flash cart (DSpaintball_flash.nds) and that this, is properly patched with DLDI, and a version of emulator (Dspaintball_emu.nds) not use the file saved DSpaintball. dat, user can only create levels and then play them, and that closing the emulator such deletion.