From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Author(s)||Sypherce, Daltonlaffs, Jeremysr (originally by Waruwaru)|
DSLua is a port of the Lua scripting language to the Nintendo DS.
Download and unzip the file.
Patch the DSLua ROM (either DSLua.nds or DSLua.sc.nds or DSLua.ds.gba) with DLDI.
Copy the scripts directory, which was in the download, to the root directory of card. You only need scripts/main.lua which is a file browser to execute lua scripts (DSLua won't work without it). All the other files are just example programs.
Copy the DSLua ROM to flashcard.
Lua Manual for previous versions are available here.
For programming in Lua, more information can be found here.
- Keyboard functions added. Now DSLua can access PALib's internal keyboard functions.
- 3D functions added. 3D graphics are now possible.
- Support for unconverted BMP, JPG, and GIF images is now possible.
- For Slot-1 device users, you can now access an official Nintendo DS Rumble Pak with DSLua.
- DLDI support added in full! Patch with a DLDI of your choice.
- 16-bit backgrounds added.
- GBFS version fully removed -- emulator testing is now sadly impossible. PACK.BAT is no longer part of the package.
- The multiboot menu has been removed due to coding problems -- now DSLua automatically starts /scripts/main.lua (currently is a new multibooter).