From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Author(s)||Sypherce, Daltonlaffs, Jeremysr (originally by Waruwaru)|
DSLua is a port of the Lua scripting language to the Nintendo DS.
- Download and unzip the file.
- Patch the DSLua ROM (either DSLua.nds or DSLua.sc.nds or DSLua.ds.gba) with #DLDI.
- Copy the scripts directory, which was in the download, to the root directory of card. User only need scripts/main.lua which is a file browser to execute lua scripts (DSLua won't work without it.) All the other files are just example programs.
- Copy the DSLua ROM to flashcard.
Lua Manual for previous versions are available here.
For programming in Lua, more information can be found here.
- Keyboard functions added. Now DSLua can access PALib's internal keyboard functions.
- 3D functions added. 3D graphics are now possible.
- Support for unconverted BMP, JPG, and GIF images is now possible.
- For Slot-1 device users, you can now access an official Nintendo DS Rumble Pak with DSLua.
- DLDI support added in full! Patch with a DLDI of your choice.
- 16-bit backgrounds added.
- GBFS version fully removed -- emulator testing is now sadly impossible. PACK.BAT is no longer part of the package.
- The multiboot menu has been removed due to coding problems -- now DSLua automatically starts /scripts/main.lua (currently is a new multibooter).