From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Author(s)||Leinad [a.k.a. n00bey]|
With DSBash you can browse trough chat-quote-archives (bash.org , qdb.us and german-bash.org). After over 18 month, this is the final version of DSBash was completed.
It ranked 8th in the NEO Spring Coding Compo 2008 and the final version was submitted to NEO Spring Coding Compo 2009, ranked 7th (under APP section).
- Bash.org , qdb.us and german-bash.org can be browsed
- Scroll pages
- Everything can be configured
- Customizable buttonmap
- Save function
- Loading animation
- Make sure WiFi is confugured trough an official game
- Patch the DSBash.nds with DLDI if your card doesnt support Auto-DLDI
- Copy over the DSBash folder to your card
Configure WIFI with any official WiFi game like Mario Kart DS. Copy DSBash.nds to your DS and start it.
If skinning or manual button configuration is not preferred, do not patch with DLDI.
Skinning & Advanced configuration
To use this you have to patch the rom with DLDI or your card has to support auto-DLDI patching.
Copy the "DSBash" folder inside this archive to your card.
Do not rename it. Inside that folder there is a config.ini , open it in an editor.
Edit the config file as you want. Note: For every skin you have to open a new tag [skinname], and then write the config for it (like the blacknwhite one).
If a skin-file is set wrong the skin inside the ROM is used.
To change the activated skin you have to edit
skin = blacknwhite;
on the top in the config file. So you can keep more than one skin-configuration in the file.
Pictures: It has to be in the bmp format, 24bit or 8bit.
Up/Down: Next/Previos quote
A - Switch the screens
Select - Reduce font size
Start - Increase font size
Top quote/random quote/Latest quotes - Not defined.
- bash.org , qdb.us and german-bash.org can be browsed
- [new] MP3-Playback (it is no media played and Im not god, sometimes it's a bit chompy)
- [new] You can scroll the page
- [new] Everything can be configured on your DS now - no more .ini
- Customizable buttonmap
- [new] When you are reading quotes online, they are saved on your card and you can open them when you dont have internet-access.
- [new] Some loading animation, which is generated random everytime you start DSBash
- Skinning added
- Auto Detecting for the DSBash folder, Put it anywhere you want to
- DLDI isnt required anymore, if you dont patch it, it uses the skin inside the rom
- german-bash.org and qdb.us added
- Screens can be switched now
- hundred times faster - removed mass of useless VBLs during download process
- massive speedup, because now 50[bash.org], 20[qdb.org], 5[german-bash random], 50[german-bash latest] quotes which are on a downloaded page are stored in the ram and can be browsed without downloading a new page every quote.
- Removed the "save to favo.txt" and bookmark function, they were so useless. Also I dont like the risk to harm the card with mass-dldi read/writes
- Buttons can be configured now
- German only - Special characters are "translated" to ae,oe,ue now
- You can change the font size while reading now (If a quote doesnt fit on the screen)
- You now can define the minimum vote value for Top-Mode in your config file [Standart / No-DLDI = 0, so no negative voted quotes are shown]