From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
DS-DOS is an MS-DOS type clone, featuring a command line interface.It is a first filebrowser of it's kind. This text-based application allows user to view/copy/move/delete/rename files on memory card or built-in memory.
It also allows to boot other .nds binaries (users of certain cards may have trouble with this).
It was submitted to the NEO Spring Coding Compo 2008.
- Download and extract file
- DLDI patch it and copy it to the root directory of the card
Currently Implemented Commands (case-sensitive)
- date displays the date
- time displays the time
- cls clears the screen
- help displays help
- ver displays DS-DOS version
- del allows deleting of files
- copy allows copying of files
- move allows moving of files
- ren allows renaming of files
- dir displays a list of files and directories in current directory
- cd change the current directory
- lock locks the filesystem, preventing use of del/copy/move/ren
- ulok unlocks the filesystem allowing use of del/copy/move/ren
To boot any .nds file, just type the filename (myndsfile.nds). If it is currently in a folder, type the full path unless the folder it resides in is the current working directory (folder\myndsfile.nds).
To use the extra device, a dldi file called "fat3.dldi" is needed, which is a renamed dldi file of the other device you want to use. To boot an .nds file on the other device, type "fat3:\myndsfile.nds". Copying, renaming, moving, and deleting all work this same way.
For some reason, typing any commands larger than five characters long, may break certain commands. To fix this, press Start to restart DS-DOS (file must be named dos.nds).
Keyboard not working with the R4 cart.
- Fixed names larger than 6 characters (thanks cornaljoe)
- Fixed bug that stopped hardware if fat3.dldi wasn't found
- Added Ability to copy files between cards
- Added NeoFlash compo splash screen
- Fixed some copy problems
- Cleaned up "dir" command
- Added "lock" and "ulok"
- Added restart by pressing Start
- "cd" is still broken
- sound is still broken