From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
DS-DOS is an MS-DOS type clone, featuring a command line interface. It is a first filebrowser of it's kind. This text-based application allows user to view/copy/move/delete/rename files on memory card or built-in memory.
It also allows to boot other .nds binaries (users of certain cards may have trouble with this).
It was submitted to the NEO Spring Coding Compo 2008.
Download and extract file.
DLDI patch it and copy it to the root directory of the card.
Currently Implemented Commands (case-sensitive):
- date - Display the date.
- time - Display the time.
- cls - Clear the screen.
- help - Display help.
- ver - Display DS-DOS version.
- del - Allow deleting of files.
- copy - Allow copying of files.
- move - Allow moving of files.
- ren - Allow renaming of files.
- dir - Display a list of files and directories in current directory.
- cd - Change the current directory.
- lock - Lock the filesystem, preventing use of del/copy/move/ren.
- ulok - Unlock the filesystem allowing use of del/copy/move/ren.
To boot any .nds file, just type the filename myndsfile.nds. If it is currently in a folder, type the full path unless the folder it resides in is the current working directory /folder/myndsfile.nds.
To use the extra device, a dldi file called fat3.dldi is needed, which is a renamed dldi file of the other device you want to use. To boot an .nds file on the other device, type fat3:\myndsfile.nds. Copying, renaming, moving and deleting all work this same way.
For some reason, typing any commands larger than five characters long, may break certain commands. To fix this, press Start to restart DS-DOS (file must be named dos.nds).
Keyboard not working with the R4 cart.
- Fixed names larger than 6 characters (thanks cornaljoe).
- Fixed bug that stopped hardware if fat3.dldi wasn't found.
- Added Ability to copy files between cards.
- Added NeoFlash compo splash screen.
- Fixed some copy problems.
- Cleaned up "dir" command.
- Added "lock" and "ulok".
- Added restart by pressing Start.
- "CD" is still broken.
- Sound is still broken.
- Author's website - http://home.meltel.net/jwinkels/homebrew.html