From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
DS85 R3 is a TI-85 Emulator for Nintendo DS. Original version by Milan Pikula. It requires a TI-85 rom to run.
- Download and extract file
- DLDI patch .nds file and copy it to the root directory of the card
- Copy the ti85.rom to the root of your card(no subfolder) (This ROM cant be found with this app. Read below "To obtain a TI-85 rom")
- If you want additional features, you may want to copy ti85.sna to the root as well.
It includes some ASM Games. After it has loaded, press Custom -> F1 to get to the gamemenu.
To obtain a TI-85 rom: Get a TI-85 calculator. Make or Get linking cable (serial or parallel should work)
Download a rom dumper. Virtual TI (Windows) and TiLP (crossplatform) can both do this.
Follow instructions provided with rom dumper.(Optional) Use 'fixrom'. A few people have complained of corrupted ROM files, this tool will fix your problems. See the included README.fixrom
- SAVE: Save the current state to 'ti85.sna' on your CF/SD card
- LOAD: Load the current state from 'ti85.sna' on your CF/SD card
- RESET: Tap this to do a full reset of the calculator in case it crashes.
- SIZE: Tap this to toggle scaling from proportional to stretched
- REAL/FULL/freal: Tap this to switch between the emulation modes
- REAL -- attempt to emulate at actual speed (This isn't quite perfect yet however)
- FULL -- emulate as fast as possible
- freal -- emulate at actual speed, unless doing processing, then run at full speed
- SKIP/ALL: Tap this to toggle between skipping frames and rendering them all. It is slightly faster when skipping frames, useful for graphing/calculation, but games will probably want ALL.
- SEND -- Read section below
Sending Files to the TI-85
Method 1: Standard link emulation
This is more cumbersome, and you have to worry about running out of RAM, but should be more compatible. Also, this is required for apps with external levels.
- From the home screen, click [2nd] [LINK] [F2]
- The screen says 'Waiting' and the busy indicator in top-right is spinning
- Tap 'SEND' on the touchscreen
- Use D-PAD to scroll through the files, and press A to send a file
- After it returns to the GUI, you can either:
- A. Send another file (go to step 3)
- B. Stop sending files (tap ON key a few times to stop transmitting)
Method 2: MagicLoad(TM)
This is very nice when it works. It's similar to the 'archive' on other TI models, in that it will load a game from your SD/CF card, run it, then save it back when it's done.
- Make sure 'LOAD.85S' is install on your calculator, along with Usgard 1.5 (These are both pre-installed if you use the included save-state)
- From the home screen, click [CUST] [F1]
- Use Arrows to select 'load' on the list of apps (it may be the only one)
- Use ENTER or A to launch it
- A file list will appear on the bottom screen
- Use the D-PAD to scroll through the files, and press A to launch one
D-PAD - arrows
A - enter
B - 2nd
X - F1
Y - alpha
Start - shows debug screen while held
Select - more
Start+Select - reset (warning! no confirmation! Press ON after reset.)
R - 2nd
L - currently unused
R1: Oct 11, 2006
- Initial public release.
R2: Oct 15, 2006
- Added save and load state. Select between scaling modes.
- Select frame-skipping. Select real or full speed.
- Included a save-state file with some games loaded in it.
R3: July 30, 2007
- Fatlib updated with DLDI