From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
Bakudan is a port of BAKUDAN for MSX by GANE, origanially published in the final issue of MSX-FAN (1995/8). It is one of the different variant of tetris and there are 4 types of bombs in total in this version.
Download and extract file.
DLDI patch it and copy it to the root directory of the card.
Note: When Game Over is displayed, High Score would be automatically recorded as nds_bakudan.ini in the root directory of the micro-SD and is readable at the start of the game.
The goal is to eliminate all the the bombs according to the following rules:
- Bombs lined up side by side fall from the top of the screen.
- You can ignite one of the 8 bombs at the bottom with a match.
- 8 bombs of the same color around the ignited bomb will explode in a chain reaction.
- If the accumulated bombs pile up to the top of the screen, the game is over.
- There are 4 types of bombs in this game.
Play with Stylus.
Tested on Flashcard TTDS (Top Toy Ds) with firmware 1.17a12.
- Record HIGH-SCORE on microSD.
- BGM & SE driver upgraded to v0.70.
- Minor corrections such as explosion animation.