Abstract Shoot is a DS homebrew shooting game inspired by the Flash Game Abstract Sea.
Download and extract file.
DLDI patch it if needed (if your card does not have auto-patching) and copy it to the root directory of the card.
Find various power-ups (life, triple shot and bomb) and shoot everything that moves while avoiding projectiles.
Stylus - Aim and shoot
D-Pad or A/B/X/Y - Move cannon
L/R - Change music (theme 1/theme2/off)
Start - Pause
Tested on iTouchDS (firmware 3.8).
Version 0.9 BETA 2007/07/31
- Added High-score system (requires DLDI patching to work).
- Added a menu.
- Enemies have new trajectories that make the game harder and less monotonous (they are not automatically drawn to the cannon).
- Modification of the 'bomb' bonus: from now on, the bomb is activated by a detonator placed relatively far from the bomb. The bonus is therefore 'useful' now.
- Added music and sound effects.
Version 0.8b BETA 2007/07/19
- Fixed score related bugs.
- Decrease in difficulty.
Version 0.8 BETA 2007/07/18
- Added 2 musical themes and sound effects.
- Added power-ups (life, triple shot and bomb).
- Effects of explosions and slight graphic changes.
- Various bug fixes.
Version 0.5 BETA 2007/07/12
- Added information on the top screen (time, score, life bar).
- The enemies are of two different types (slow / fast with more or less health; and they throw projectiles).
- The cannon is now mobile.
- gfx improved.
Version 0.1 BETA 2007/07/07
- First demo with stationary cannon (took 2 days before seeing that we could move the cannon in Abstract Sea) hard coded.
- Dev-fr - http://www.dev-fr.org/index.php/topic,731.0.html (archived)