Wumiibo is a Amiibo Emulation for 3DS. This is a rewrite of the 3DS's nfc module to enable amiibo emulation.
You need to have the latest luma for this to work correctly.
WumiiboHelper is an easy to to use homebrew application. You can automatically download and install wumiibo from wumiibohelper (or you can follow the manual installation steps below).
- If you're installing wumiibo for the first time, you can download WumiiboHelper.3dxs.
- Run the .3dsx and select
Download Wumiiboto download and install wumiibo (once installed use the second option to generate amiibos).
- It has an option
Generate amiibos for a gamethat can produce compatible amiibos for a compatible game right from your 3DS.
Note: This app is not well tested. You can generated amiibo manually by using the generator instead if you if you encounter any error.
- Put the
- Download the amiibo you want to emulate from here. All this website does is produce a bin file with amiiboID in it, so the produced file can be shared freely.
- Put the downloaded bins in a folder and put that folder in
sd:/wumiibo. You can also place the bins directly inside
sd:/wumiibo. You can have upto 49 folders and inside every folder you can have more subfolders. So if you sort your bins correctly, there is no limit on how many amiibos you can have at a time.
- Enable Title patching from luma menu (as shown here).
- Open your game and reach to the screen where it tells you to place your amiibo.
- Press L+Down+Start to bring up Wumiibo Menu and select the amiibo you wish to emulate.
- If everything went successfully, your amiibo should be emulated now. If you want to use your real amiibos, you'll need to disable wumiibo by disabling game patching from luma menu.
Compatibility game list
Some games freeze after closing wumiibo menu, check the compatibility list for these games. The following workaround can be used to emulate amiibos in such games:
- After you have opened your game, press home button.
- Open wumiibo menu and choose what you want to do.
- Open the game again. Do not try to open wumiibo menu in such games.
Wumiibo tutoral (Spanish) (Crashelido)
- Fix wumiibo not recognizing some amiibos correctly.
- This was fixed by commit 069eff6. See issue #28 for more details.
- All 47 games are now compatible with wumiibo.
- With some games you still need to do the workaround for them to not freeze. Check the compatibilty list for such games.
- File limit bumped to 400 per directory.
- Introduce WumiiboHelper.
- WumiiboHelper is an easy to to use HB app. You can automatically download and install wumiibo from wumiibohelper.
- umiiboHelper has an option Generate amiibos for a game which can be used to produce compatible amiibos for a compatible game right from your 3ds.
- Note: This app is not well tested, please open an issue if you encounter any error. Amiibos can also be generated manually by using this website.
- Minor improvements have been made.
- Note: Signal TagInRange and TagOutofRange are debug features, you shouldn't need them.
- Proper UID assignment and UID Randomization has been added.
- Wumiibo no longer uses a hardcoded UID for every amiibo. It automatically assigns a new UID to every amiibo.
- Some games limit users to only one scan of a specific amiibo per 24 hours. By randomizing an amiibo's UID you can overcome this limit.
- Note: This depends on the game's logic, and may not work with every title.
- Default wumiibo menu button can now be overridden.
- This can be done by creating a wumiibo.ini file on the root of your sd card. A sample of this file is here.
- DirectoryLister code has been improved.
- You can now have upto 49 folders within the wumiibo folder. Inside every folder you can have even more subfolders or amiibos. So if you create your folders properly, there is virtually no limit on how many amiibos you can have at a time.
- As a bonus feature, if you want to have a dedicated folder for a game, you can give a folder the game's TitleID and put all relevant amiibos in there. For example, for Super Smash Bros EUR, you can create a folder sd:/wumiibo/00040000000EE000 and put the amiibos in there. Wumiibo will automatically open this folder in-game.
- Various bugs have been fixed and minor improvements have been made.
- Due to popular community demand the client and module have been completely rewrote and merged, so the client is not required anymore starting this release.
- Many critical bugs have been fixed and squashed.
- First release.
- Luigoalma for advising and for listening to the rants.
- HiddenRambings for noamii, which served as a base for to extend and develop upon.
- 3dbrew folks for the nicely documented nfc and amiibo pages.
- Socram8888 for amiitool, reversing nfc, etc.
- Luma3ds devs lots of code has been copied from rosalina.
- druivensap, loveleiz, thomas, Marcus777, k9999, Mr.Faq, MissingNerd and many others who helped testing wumiibo.
- GitHub - https://github.com/hax0kartik/wumiibo
- GBAtemp - https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-wumiibo-amiibo-emulation-for-3ds.572442
- Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/kfml8q/release_wumiibo_v30_now_works_with_every
- Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/ieztn6/wumiibo_amiibo_emulation_for_3ds