From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Vortex of Doom Generator|
|Version||June 14, 2009|
An application that generates a vortex that spirals towards the center of the screen. User can change many different aspects of the vortex, and certain combinations will yield cool effects.
- vortex3.0.gba - GBA version. PROGRAM IS MULTIBOOT-COMPATIBLE.
- DSVortex1.0.nds - Same as previous but uses the DS's full screen size. Only real difference is plotting speed.
- DSVortexRot1.0.nds - Same as previous but rotates about the center of the screen.
- Starfield1.0.nds - an extension of the rotated version that creates a starfield-like effect
- Download and extract file
- Copy it to the root directory of flash card
There are three different vortex "shapes". The first and second shapes look best with smaller point sizes, while the third one looks best with larger point sizes (10x10 and up).
For color points, White looks best at lower point sizes.
For DSVortexRot1.0.nds: The rotation adds several additional controls. User can rotate both clockwise and counterclockwise by making the angle positive or negative.
This is merely an extension on the rotating vortex generator, creating a cool starfield-like effect on DS. Most other buttons are disabled, but user can still change the size of each point.
There's tons of others. These are some examples to get started:
- Press A twice, increase the size of the points to 15x15 or larger, and press R several times.
- Press A once, then simply press R a few times. Eventually it will look like the Japanese flag. Best at 1x1 size.
- Make the point size 1x1, press A twice, and press R twice. Best with white colors.
D-pad - changes the size of each individual point plotted
B - changes the size by 5 instead of 1
L/R - change the number of points that are plotted
A - toggles between 3 vortex "shapes"
Select - toggles between white and colored points
Start - resets to defaults
- X/Y - change rotate speed
- B - changes the angle faster
- X/Y - change the zoom speed