From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
VitaShell is an alternative replacement of the PS Vita's LiveArea. It offers you a file manager, package installer, built-in FTP and much more. This homebrew was an entry of the Revitalize PS Vita homebrew competition and won the first prize. HENkaku'smolecularShell is also based on VitaShell.
You can customize those files:
- 'ux0:VitaShell/theme/YOUR_THEME_NAME/colors.txt': All colors adjustable
- 'ux0:VitaShell/theme/YOUR_THEME_NAME/bg_browser.png': Background for file browser
- 'ux0:VitaShell/theme/YOUR_THEME_NAME/bg_hexeditor.png': Background for hex editor
- 'ux0:VitaShell/theme/YOUR_THEME_NAME/bg_texteditor.png': Background for text editor
- 'ux0:VitaShell/theme/YOUR_THEME_NAME/bg_photoviewer.png': Background for photo viewer
- 'ux0:VitaShell/theme/YOUR_THEME_NAME/wallpaper.png': Wallpaper #1
- 'ux0:VitaShell/theme/YOUR_THEME_NAME/wallpaperX.png': Wallpaper #X (X is a value from 2-10)
- 'ux0:VitaShell/theme/YOUR_THEME_NAME/dialog.png': Dialog menu image (Can be any size. This image file will be stretched by VitaShell to fit the dialog box. Suggestion: Don't use motives, as it will not look good with wrong proportion).
- 'ux0:VitaShell/theme/YOUR_THEME_NAME/context.png': Context menu image (Can be any size. Suggestion: It will look great if you add alpha channel to your image).
- 'ux0:VitaShell/theme/YOUR_THEME_NAME/context_more.png': Context menu more image (Can be any size. Suggestion: It will look great if you add alpha channel to your image).
- 'ux0:VitaShell/theme/YOUR_THEME_NAME/battery.png': Battery border icon
- 'ux0:VitaShell/theme/YOUR_THEME_NAME/battery_bar_green.png': Green battery bar
- 'ux0:VitaShell/theme/YOUR_THEME_NAME/battery_bar_red.png': Red battery bar
- 'ux0:VitaShell/theme/YOUR_THEME_NAME/battery_bar_charge.png': Charging battery bar
- 'ux0:VitaShell/theme/YOUR_THEME_NAME/ftp.png': Ftp icon
- 'ux0:VitaShell/theme/YOUR_THEME_NAME/audio_icon.png': Audio icon
- 'ux0:VitaShell/theme/YOUR_THEME_NAME/archive_icon.png': Archive icon
- 'ux0:VitaShell/theme/YOUR_THEME_NAME/file_icon.png': File icon
- 'ux0:VitaShell/theme/YOUR_THEME_NAME/folder_icon.png': Folder icon
- 'ux0:VitaShell/theme/YOUR_THEME_NAME/image_icon.png': Image icon
- 'ux0:VitaShell/theme/YOUR_THEME_NAME/sfo_icon.png': SFO icon
- 'ux0:VitaShell/theme/YOUR_THEME_NAME/text_icon.png': Text icon
Theme setting: VitaShell will load the theme that is set in 'ux0:VitaShell/theme/theme.txt' (THEME_NAME = "YOUR_THEME_NAME")
General info: You don't need to have all these files in your custom theme, if one of them is missing, the default image file will be loaded instead.
Wallpapers info: Wallpapers overlay background images. You can have ten wallpapers which VitaShell will display at random interval. If no wallpaper is available, BACKGROUND_COLOR from 'colors.txt' will be used.
Dialog and context image: If these files are not available, the colors DIALOG_BG_COLOR and CONTEXT_MENU_COLOR from'colors.txt' will be used instead.
The standard VitaShell theme is provided in 'VitaShellCustomization.rar' and available in the 'release' section.
Put your language file at 'ux0:VitaShell/language/x.txt', where the file must be UTF-8 encoded and 'x' is one of the language listed below:
VitaShell does automatically load the language that matches to the current system language. If your system language is for example french, it will load from 'ux0:VitaShell/language/french.txt'.
The english language file is provided in 'VitaShellCustomization.rar' and available in the 'release' section.
VitaShell themes and translations collection
This is an unofficial VitaShell themes and translations collection:
Be sure you pull request your customized design or language file there.
- Added cover.jpg and folder.jpg as alternative cover image.
- Fixed ID3 tag parsing.
- Play and pause icons where swapped, fixed.
- FTP does now show 'Please wait...' until it has been connected to Wi-Fi.
- Added audio player with .MP3 and .OGG support (Press /\ to turn off the display while listening to music. Graphics by Valle).
- Added changelog to the VitaShell bubble (press /\ or hold the bubble of VitaShell in the livearea).
- Added ability to resume to the directory you've last visted before exiting VitaShell).
- Leaving to livearea or suspending the device does no longer corrupt an IO process anymore (while copying things you can now leave VitaShell and resume).
- Improved text editor and added search feature to context menu (press /).
- Fixed bug where copying to different partitions didn't work.
- Fixed network update bug.
- Added ability to install update files as .vpk (for Vitamin).
- Added patch to make .vpk installation appearing as full version instead of test version.
- Added text editor by BigBoot (WIP).
- Added 'More' entry to the context menu.
- Added 'Install all' feature to install all packages available in the folder (by ribbid987).
- Added 'Calculate SHA1' feature by xerpia64.
- Added support for ftp promoting for https://github.com/soywiz/vitaorganizer.
- Fixed 'Move' operation. Now it does integrate into folders and replace files.
- Dropped GENERAL_COLOR, now all colors are adjustable.
- Added automatic network update. VitaShell will now notify you when there's a new update. You'll then be able to download it within the VitaShell application and it will update both molecularShell and VitaShell to the newest verison.
- Added text and audio file icon by littlebalup.
- Updated to latest libftpvita which fixed file size string > 2GB and added APPE command.
- Added possibility to use specific background for file browser, hex editor, text editor, photo viewer.
- Added files and folder icons by littlebalup.
- Added charging battery icon by ribbid987.
- Added sfo reader by theorywrong.
- Added translation support for turkish (english_gb uses the same id as turkish, fix it Sony!).
- Fixed bug where copied files and folders of archives didn't stay on clipboard.
- Allow auto screen-off.
- System information trigger combo changed to START instead of L+R+START. System information can now also be translated, thanks to littlebalup.
- Added dialog box animation and aligned dialog box y to make it look better.
- Fixed wrong time string for files and folders. Thanks to persona5.
- Fixed INSTALL_WARNING text crash.
- Added default files creating.
- Added customization possibility for ftp icon, battery, dialog and context menu.
- Added random wallpaper feature.
- Changed location of themes to 'ux0:VitaShell/theme/YOUR_THEME_NAME'.
- Fixed russian and korean language support.
- Added support for >2GB zip archives (dropped support for 7zip and rar though).
- Added cache system for zipfs (faster file reading when browsing in zip archives).
- Added possibility to customize the application's UI.
- Added possibility to translate the application.
- Fixed 12h time conversion.
- Ported to HENkaku (support for renaming/creating folders and for analog stick for fast movement).
- Added custom dialogs.
- Added graphics by Freakler.
- Added possibility to use FTP in background.
- I/O operations can now be cancelled.
- Removed misc stuff, shader compiler, homebrew loading, PBOOT.PBP signing, network host.
- Fixed various bugs.
- Fixed size string of files, again.
- Optimized I/O operations regarding speed.
- Increased homebrew force-exit compatbility and stability.
- Added network host mountpoint.
- Added ability to compile shader programs (use the _v.cg suffix for vertexes and _f.cg for fragments).
- Finished photo viewer. Use the right analog stick to zoom in/out. Left analog stick to move. L/R to rotate and X/O to change display mode.
- Updated to newest vita2dlib which fixed many bugs with images.
- Improved 'New folder' by extending to 'New folder (X)', where 'X' is an increasing number.
- Improved message dialog texts.
- Limited filenames so it doesn't overlap with the size/folder text.
- Fixed infinite loop when copying the src to its subfolder by an error result.
- Fixed FTP client crashes and added support for Turboclient Android.
- Fixed alphabetical sorting, finally.
- Added experimental feature: Holding START to force exit homebrews.
- Added battery symbol by Ruben_Wolf.
- Switched to official PGF font.
- Changed triangle-menu animation to ease-out.
- Improved mark all/unmark all feature.
- Fixed percentage precision in progress bar.
- Fixed small bug in move operation.
- Added translation support. See translation_readme.txt for more details.
- Added move ability (only possible within same partition).
- Added tabulator support in text viewer.
- Removed 'Paste', 'Delete', 'Rename' and 'New folder' in read-only partitions.
- Fixed size string of files over 1GB.
- Fixed alphabetical sorting.
- Fixed battery percent bug being -1% on PSM Dev Assistant.
- Added ability to sign PSP homebrews.
- Added sleep prevention when using FTP, deleting and copying files.
- Added a scrollbar.
- Added date and time to info bar.
- Added correct enter and cancel buttons assignment.
- Added some cosmetic changes.
- Fixed crash when deleting marked entries.
- Copied entries now still rest in clipboard after pasting them.
- The application now cleans itself before launching homebrews.
In order to compile VitaShell you'll need
- vitasdk: https://github.com/vitasdk
- vita2dlib: https://github.com/xerpi/vita2dlib
- ftpvitalib https://github.com/xerpi/ftpvitalib
- Team Molecule for HENkaku
- xerpi for ftpvitalib and vita2dlib
- wololo for the Revitalize contest
- Everybody who contributed on vitasdk