|Type||Other PC Utilities|
|This application has been obsoleted by one or more applications that serve the same purpose, but are more stable or maintained.|
UpdateCDN is a Python script that downloads the titles (programs) that make up a 3DS FW update and create .cias to use with devmenu. It uses the CSV files from here.
Download contains the following versions (requires Python 2 to use):
- UpdateCDN.zip - Orignal version with a mac version of make_cdn_cia.
- UpdateCDN-update.zip - Includes an updated make_cdn_cia for Linux x86_64 with sources (by lucks).
- make_cdn-cia.zip - Windows bin of make_cdn_cia (from here).
How it works
- You download the csv file you want (2.0.0-2 - 9.4.0-21 are already included), and this tool will download everything, and create cia files that will install on your 3DS.
- The tool requires make_cdn_cia and you will need to put it in the folder with the UpdateCDN.py.
- By default the titles are downloaded into folders based on when they were last updated (this can be turned on with -nosort).
- When downloading FW 9.4.0-21 JPN, title 0004001B00010002 has not been updated since 2.0.0-2 (maybe before, the site "began" with 2.0.0-2).
- So this title will be in a folder called 2.0.0-2. If you are above FW 2.0.0-2, you do not need to install that cia.
- If you are on 8.0.0-18, and want to go to 9.4.0-21, simply ignore all the cias in the folders equal and below 8.0.0-18.
UpdateCDN -9.4.0-12 (folder created from CSV filename, 9.4.0-21.csv will make a folder called 9.4.0-21) --JPN (separate folder for each region you specify) ---raw (where titles are downloaded to) ---cia (where cia files are output to)
Here is how to use it/the help output you get when you type:
python UpdateCDN.py -h
Note that you need to specify an input file and at least one region.
inputfile CSV file that contains title information, ideally from: http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/reports.php -JPN Download JPN titles -EUR Download EUR titles -USA Download USA titles -KOR Download KOR titles -CHN Download CHN titles -TWN Download TWN titles -ALL Download all regions -nosort Turn OFF sorting of the titles into folders based on their debut fw. For example, if title X was added in FW 4.0.0 and not updated since, by default it is placed in a folder called 4.0.0. So, if you are on 4.0.0 or above, you will not need to install it. -nobuild Turn OFF generation of CIA files, titles will be downloaded only. -h, --help show this help message and exit
Note: Be careful with using this, though it is only on emuNAND you should still make an emuNAND backup.
Thanks to friendxsis and riku for help, person/people who managed http://yls8.mtheall.com, sbJFn5r for the python files which this tool is based off.