From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
|Version||0.6 (21 March 2009)|
Time Trainer is a Rubik Cube/Cup Stacker Trainer made by HardHat. A tool that would be useful to speed cubists and could also help cup stacking enthuasists.
This is an entry from the Neo Spring Coding Compo 2009 (PSP Applications, 5th place).
- Generate random cube mix with 25 moves, mathematically proven to generate any possible cube configuration.
- Easy to use cube timing buttons.
- Show 12 most recent times on an on screen.
- Show average of the 12 most recent times excluding best and worst.
- All times available in a scrollable history.
- Save current 12 solve history to a file for later review.
- Remove mistake solve times from the history.
- Redo time of any solve in the history.
- Graph of times in the history file.
Simply copy the timetrainer folder to ms0:/PSP/GAME/ or ms0:/PSP/GAME4xx on your PSP.
Welcome to Time Trainer, a cube/cup timer. Time your cube/cup exploits, and save them over time in a history file.
The idea is based upon speed cubing, to mix a cube and then time how long it takes to solve it after inspecting the cube.
In competitions, they do 5 cube trials and exclude the best and worst time, then take the average.
For training though, the recommended practice is to do 12 trials, exclude the best and worst time, then show the average. Over time, you hopefully get better.
This tool allows you to track all of the time for a cup stacker or speed cubist, and record the results into a file.
To start, Time Trainer gives a suggested cube mix which is a linear combination of rotations.
These are found by choosing 25 random turns without chosing moves that would undo an immediate previous move (for example F then F' or F2 then B then F are excluded).
It allows you to generate a new scramble pattern, handy if you don't like the looks of the currently generated one with the option to delete or replay any old patterns.
You can saves up to 12 most recent scores starting from the currently displayed one.
The file is saved as history.txt. You can also generate a graph from your history file.
Resets timer and record time (it automatically generates a new scramble).
Replace bg.bmp for a custom background skin. The fonts are truetype and should be replacable.
Cross - Generate new scramle pattern
D-Pad - Scroll through all the old patterns
L+R - Start timer
Triangle - Save score
Circle - Graph the history file
Square - Delete the current time/scramble
Selete - Quit
L/R - Reset timer
D-Pad - Stop timer and record time
Should work with any homebrew enabled Firmware such as the m33 series of firmwares.
- Added graphing.
- Updated splash screen.
- First public release.
- Renamed app.
- Added compo splash screen.
- Made L and R both be pressed to start the timer.
- Added delete to delete old times.
- Fixed case of first element in list.
- Highlights the first element in the list.
Idea: wicked.fable and godsalgorithm.
- Author's website - http://www.adamcon.org/~dmwick/psp
- NeoFlash - https://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php?topic=5486.0 (archived)