From GameBrew - a wiki dedicated to Video Game Homebrew.
A work-in-progress music player for the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Switch
- The 3DS build is currently in heavy development as the shift is made from pp2d to citro2d. Please use the previous build instead of building yourself.
- Put all music in ""/music"" folder on your SD card as traditional file browsing is not currently supported yet
- Support for multiple formats (wav, flac, and mp3 currently)
- Skip forward and back a song using the L and R buttons
- Use the progress bar on the touch screen to scrub through the audio (SLOW)
- Pause/Play with A, and return to file selection with B
- Touchscreen controls (yay?)
- ☐ Update internal documentation
- ☐ Move to citro2d
- ☐ Switch version
- ☐ Actual file browsing
- ☐ Support for more formats
- ☐ Ability to create playlists
- ☒ Ability to play playlists
- ☐ Record and save bits of audio using the microphone like the built in app
- ☐ UI overhaul (currently it's not super terrible, but it's definitely not where I want it to be)
- ☐ Themes maybe?
- anything else the 3DS's sound application does
You can just run
make all to get both 3ds and switch builds, but for just one of them follow this:
Make sure you have the latest releases of ctrulib, citro3d, citro2d, and 3ds-mpg123 installed via the devkitPro pacman. Then type
to get a .3dsx, .smdh, and .cia
Make sure you have the latest releases of libnx and switch-mpg123 installed via the devkitPro pacman. Then type
to get an .nro
- Some flac files have issues with playback speed on hardware but work fine in Citra
- Scrubbing within flac/mp3 files may take several seconds on Old 3DS depending on the size of the file WARNING: This was my first time ever writing C. There are going to be bugs and 90% percent of this is probably terrible code, so don't hesitate to report anything because I probably wouldn't have found it otherwise.
- @smealum for ctrulib
- @fincs for citro3d
- @Steveice10 for buildtools
- @BernardoGiordano for pp2d and help with Makefile/rsf files
- VLC for android for the rough UI design concept
- @Sergey#5402 for help testing
- @Fenrir#3268, @ahoischen#9453, and @TurtleP#2954 (and anyone else!) in #dev in the Nintendo Homebrew discord for help with my beginner C mistakes
- mackron for their doctor libs (dr_flac and dr_wav specifically)
- devkitPro for the example Makefiles, portlibs, and citro2d
- switchbrew/3dsbrew for documentation and examples
- The big N for the Nintendo 3DS Sound application
- Erokia for ""Heartbleed Synth""
- and @deltabeard for their orginal libmpg123 portlib fork and ctrmus (big inspiration, helped me to understand the DSP a lot better)